Chgarette lighter socket mounting

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fjride

Reaction score
I just got a 2012 FJR 1300 and am trying to fakleize it to eliminate the things that irritated me for 87,000 miles on my 2007. One thing I want to add is a cigarette later that isn't inside the glove box. Any suggestions on where to mount it? (I do have the heated grips, which eliminates a great mounting position).

I'd drill a hole in the plastic cover over the battery.

P.

Last edited by a moderator:
Cigarette sockets really are suboptimal. If you're going to consider adding a receptacle....I'd convert the device over to a Powerlet device. And then mount it either on the A or D panel, along the fairing, or under the seat area.

If you have a battery tender you can do a SAE to Cigarette lighter cable.

If you have a heat jacket with a cable plug you can also get an adapter cable to a cigarette plug.

I have a SEA to Cigarette cable and a Cable to SEA so I can use my Battery Tender and mini-air pump.

If you're gonna use it to light a smoke then Kuryakin has one that's sealed on a L bracket that mounts to the clutch lever bracket. If you're gonna power something you can forget it, use the Powerlet. I originally used mine to power my GPS but the vibration at speed caused the male end to fall out every minute or so. I ended up hard wiring the GPS. Hope this helps ~Harvey

Cigarette sockets really are suboptimal. If you're going to consider adding a receptacle....I'd convert the device over to a Powerlet device. And then mount it either on the A or D panel, along the fairing, or under the seat area.
+1

6676466939_f883f8b1cc.jpg

6676622385_3f7c50ec7c.jpg

+1
+1 as well.

The powerlet is solid, and then you can get whatever cable you need! I have a rear socket and I'm ordering the front right panel socket.

Don't know if it still is on the 2012, but I put a cig socket in the blank panel where AE models had heated grip controller. I like the cig lighter more than powerlet as all my chargers, garmin, etc can go between here or my car.

DSC07506.jpg

Latest posts