City of Nashville Trip

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cav47

Adventure Seeker
Reaction score
Wife and I are taking our yearly anniversary trip to Nashville this year. Mid December and just for a weekend. We try to hit a different city each year and Nashville was recommended by some friends. What I could really use is some local info about the following items

Food--Local places only......I hate chain restaurants when on a trip to another city.

We love Pizza and Seafood. (not at the same time)

We are coming in late on Friday night, so a pizza place on the way to the Airport area would be great. Prob eat at the Pizza place then go check in. Authentic place where the place is family owned.

Look to head downtown on Saturday and see what the downtown is like. Hopefully it will be like Indy (we love that downtown)

We will catch a movie somewhere on Saturday.

Shopping mall is also a likely event to shop for "Santa" while the kids are not with us.

Saturday night or late afternoon we would like to hit a nice place for dinner. As stated, seafood would be great, but anywhere that comes highly recommended by you would do. We will be able to drive to most of the city, but east side would be better since we are staying out past the airport.

Thanks in advance.

Hey Josh, me n the Steamer did a night in Nashville on our way into EOM. Loved the strip, but not sure how great it is in the cold? (lotz of walking here n there).

Here's the link to just that day/night in my RR.

Gerald (clocklaw) may be your best resource as this is his stomp'n grounds. He gave me quite a few pointers and he's a foodie geek as well. I think his words were "don't I look like I know my way around a plate?"

Have a great trip! Post up here of course!

-KJ

Last edited by a moderator:
Just skimmed the report again. That stuff is great. We will definitely make it to downtown. It likely will be less crowded because of weather in December. As for the walking thing, my wife has ran 2 Marathons and a bunch of shorter races. She loves the mileage.

I will check out some more of the specific places and pictures.

Thanks for the condensed version....Right on point.

Yeah...I would get in contact with Gerald (clocklaw), for sure. I'm sure there are a lot more interesting things to see in Nashville, than the inside of some movie theater

And Josh, don't go to the "Downtown"!. As a reference, you wanna go to what's called "Broadway" (strip and street name).

BTW, we also had a blast in Memphis. Their "strip" was a lot cheaper drink & food wise, big bang for your buck and w no cover charges and all had live entertainment (just like N'ville), just no cover on anything on Beal St. Memphis (we did go on weekdays on both, weekends may be different)... this is all in that same RR, but a day earlier.

Just a thought for your future get-aways.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts