cleaning and then treating the driveway

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

05fjrBluedevil

Reaction score
Hey was just wondering, if any of you have done this and if so what did you use? I am thinking about using a pressure washer, but do not want it to start cracking....I guess the drive way is 50 years old and about 15 wide and runs about 200 feet including the area infront of garage....

It is looking like it needs something done........

thanks for your replies & advice.....

My driveway isn't nearly as long as yours; but I do it about every 5 years or so. I first pressure wash it (be careful you can dig a hole in the concrete with a pressure washer) and then seal it with a clear concrete sealer I buy at Home Depot(can't remember the name). Here in Nebraska, it helps keep some of the water from penetrating and freezing and causing cracking, etc. It does make it a little slipper (not much) at first so be careful on the bike.

My driveway isn't nearly as long as yours; but I do it about every 5 years or so. I first pressure wash it (be careful you can dig a hole in the concrete with a pressure washer) and then seal it with a clear concrete sealer I buy at Home Depot(can't remember the name). Here in Nebraska, it helps keep some of the water from penetrating and freezing and causing cracking, etc. It does make it a little slipper (not much) at first so be careful on the bike.

Thanks, the pw i have is a small portable type electric type, I am hoping that the pressure psi is a lot lower than those gas units....

I'll just have to make sure I keep it at a good angle, so it can not dig in.....

You forgot to make mention of the FJR. Just wanted to point that out. :fuck:
Do we have a software error with the board? Posts seem to be migrating across threads.
pokestick.gif

Thanks for the idea. I painted our garage floor with special super-duper garage floor paint that wasn't suppose to lift from tire heat. Yes, I preped the floor just like they said on the bucket. Of course within 2 weeks the paint began to lift. I bought that epoxy stuff for the floor and just haven't gotten around to removing the old paint. Pressure washer should work to remove the big hunks - thanks! The garage is where I park Matilda, my FJR :) .

Thanks for the idea. I painted our garage floor with special super-duper garage floor paint that wasn't suppose to lift from tire heat. Yes, I preped the floor just like they said on the bucket. Of course within 2 weeks the paint began to lift. I bought that epoxy stuff for the floor and just haven't gotten around to removing the old paint. Pressure washer should work to remove the big hunks - thanks! The garage is where I park Matilda, my FJR :) .

Then, after you've removed the old paint you can re-prep the entire floor for the epoxy just as it directs and apply it.

Then you can watch the epoxy lift from the tire heat.

You forgot to make mention of the FJR. Just wanted to point that out. :fuck:
Damit, thats what i(You forgot to make mention of the FJR) have been doing wrong!!!!!!!

Hey i wonder if you got credit for that off topic, off thread reply since you did have FJR in your comments ????? :fuck: :D

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts