Cleaning Radiator Fins

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well did not think to raise a wash or not wash a bike issue. Also not telling anyone that wants to reach 1 gillion miles, that to do it you must wash your radiator.

What I am saying is for the ten or 15 mins it takes to aim between the frame rails, over top the coolant overflow bottle and any other hole you can see radiator, is worth it while you have the hose out.

And I will do it the first time I need to take plastic off again for any reason, and I will get that hydrogen peroxide and spay the shit out of it, and then spray it from the back of the radiator.

I don't know if you guys know what cinders, and salt, and anti skid, and sand is? It is what PA uses to treat roads in the Winter for ice!

Hey, just sharing stuff that seems very easy, and a no brainer to maintaining this bike as I see it.

And I don't plan on selling this crap Gen II anyway, how would I sleep knowing how abused and dirty it is, a Gen II, then to sell it to someone on this forum would be so unfair of me :glare:

And just to show I am not viscous, I hope some of you guys temp go up by 2 bars, and never drops again............. :p

Last edited by a moderator: