Clearwater Ericas at Night (Youtubes inside)

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BLS

Reaction score
I've been wrenching on my FJR pretty much non stop since April.

One of the main things I wanted to add were night-time driving lights. After much deliberation (and begging to the GF), I decided on putting on a set of Ericas from Clearwater LED's.

These two videos are of my ride tonight with them on at different stages.

Initially, in the first video, the only light is the factory low beam. Then a few minutes into the ride, I was able to turn them on to the lowest setting.

Once out of town, I show you the lights at 60mph in all 4 stages; Factory low, no Ericas, Factory Low, Ericas at lowest setting, Factory High, Factory High with Ericas (relayed to high beam switch) at 100%.

I think you'll agree the results are nothing short of ridiculous.

I apologize for the grainy video in the first video, as it was taken at 3x magnification on my phone.

Half way through I switched it to 1x.

The 2nd video is taken entirely at 1x.

You can hear me 'attempt' to narrate, and I apologize for the wind noise, etc.

The camera simply does not do them justice when compared to the naked eye.

The best way I can help you relate them to reality, is to watch the first video and pay attention to 4:50 and again at 5:19. It will help show the difference with no Ericas and just the factory lights.

Enjoy.

Last edited by a moderator:
Very cool. But video cameras don't do lights justice. Needs a good camera with a long exposure.

One thing I notice is that your Ericas light up the road right in front of the bike like my 4 ADVmonster LEDS do. I'm going to test out making some "boots" for the bottoms of mine to cut the lower portion of the beam off for an inch. That bright light reflecting off the pavement does not help your long distance night vision. That's the one thing I don't like about LED floods compared to HIDs.

Very cool. But video cameras don't do lights justice. Needs a good camera with a long exposure.
One thing I notice is that your Ericas light up the road right in front of the bike like my 4 ADVmonster LEDS do. I'm going to test out making some "boots" for the bottoms of mine to cut the lower portion of the beam off for an inch. That bright light reflecting off the pavement does not help your long distance night vision. That's the one thing I don't like about LED floods compared to HIDs.
Agreed, but it's kind of hard to do a long exposure on a moving object.

The Ericas light up everything. And actually even though from the camera it appears that it floods the ground in front of me, it's actually not that bad (but I do understand and agree somewhat with what you're saying).

freakin awesome! where are they mounted?? under mirrors or on forks?
Mounted under the mirrors. I didn't opt for the smaller ones mounted to the forks. Pretty sure I don't need them. :)
You probably can't even see the stock headlights with 12,0000 lumens from the Ericas :lol: . I'd love to see a set in person, anyone around Denver with a set mounted?

Like carrying the sun with you at night! I got a kick out of the bugs flying by near the end of vid. 1. They looked like white hot meteorites!
punk.gif