• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Clip, Clip, who's got a Clip?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Clintster11

Reaction score
Hoping somebody can help me out here. Installed a set of Mirror Extenders on my '06 yesterday, quite the pain BTW, but I now can see behind me with my Heli Bars. Got it all back together and the 3mm allen bolt on the right most fairing wouldn't screw into the housing. Took it all apart and looks like there is a clip missing that connects to the end of the lower plastic tab that allows the bolt to thread into for final assembly. Was super careful when I took everything apart, but obviously not careful enough. Was hoping somebody can hook me up if they have some extra's, happy to pay, or if there is a simple way to order somewhere.

Any and all help appreciated!!

THX

Those things are typically common parts in the automotive industry. Lowes and menards carry stuff like that, as should a good auto parts store. Otherwise search for the part on the microfiche. Yamaha has a good parts finder, get the part number and google it.

partzilla

Funny, I have the same exact need on my '06. I'll have to get one myself when I get around to it. Good idea to get extra bunch of fasteners for the rest of the body panels while you're at it as they will get sucked into the black hole, Ha

12Tinker

Hey Clinster,

I was just riding through your state the past 2 weekends on 85, 94, 44, 101, etc. So much better than 395, 2. Great weather and scenery!

12Tinker

That's the kind of extra thing I toss onto an order for tires, filters, whatever on a regular basis. Spring nuts. Plastic washers for body panel screws. Body panel screws. Plastic rivets.

You get the idea, good idea to have some stuff tucked away in a fishing lure compartment-style box with part #'s.

Last edited by a moderator:
hqdefault.jpg