Community For Google+ Users

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you, Google offers many great products, I guess that is why they are the most visited website online at 1 billion per month :)

I'm curious, what advantages do u get from google+

Does it cost to join? They are always asking me to upgrade my account...

thnx.

I'm curious, what advantages do u get from google+

Does it cost to join? They are always asking me to upgrade my account...

thnx.
Zero cost. Think of G+ as Facebook minus much of the cruft (pet photos and the like) and better conversations.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just submitted a join request. Never hurts to have a few friends in LE.
victory.gif

Coming up your way camping off the DR next Sept at Crater Lake.

Google+ is not only free and awesome, but the numbers are growing. Facebook is for children (actual and metaphoric) while G+ is for people who like to participate in intelligent conversation without getting blasted by memes and "inspirational" garbage.

It's a wonderful thing. Look me up, if you'd like, at https://gplus.to/kevinmkirk, or at least I hope to see you in the Motorcycle Enthusiast Community. We're already 6 members strong, and I do believe they're all Feejer owners so far.

I was jesting but I'm a member and there's never much activity that I've seen.

Also, if you recall, MySpace was for the younger mindset when Facebook came out. Facebook was actually for college level folks in the beginning and rapidly attracted an older demographic. Eventually all left MySpace and came over to Facebook thus lowering the intellectual quotient of the place.

I'm not certain what the future of G+ is, but it hasn't caught on like Facebook did. Bear in mind, I'm quite the fan of Google's products as I'm a die hard android user, and have been a google apps member for quite some time (Thankful I won't have to be paying for that with their new structure) and while I'd like to see G+ grow, it hasn't shown that it has the traction in the market.

Of course, the best way for it to gain traction is through threads like this inviting others to join and by folks like InkHogNeato adding quality content to the community.

I was jesting but I'm a member and there's never much activity that I've seen.
It all comes down to who's in your circles. I've never seen it slow down since it was in beta, always busy. Shared circles (in topics that interest you of course) are an excellent way to pick up contacts. Searching G+ and getting involved is another way to score some good contacts. I find it much easy to engage discussions in G+; the discussion threading is so much better than FB.

Speaking of circles, they make it MUCH easier to strain out any noise. ;)

Last edited by a moderator: