Company ride out to Tuscany

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

orestes

Reaction score
I am fortunate to work for a Italian company that has a in-house motorcycle club and back in June I rode down to join them for their ride out to Monte Amiata.

As I was short of vacation time (at least then, but what happened a week later is another story) I left the UK early Friday morning and made it to Pisa that night before heading South through Siena and meting up with the group near Abbadia San Salvatore Saturday morning.

After lunch and a tour of a local mercury mine we headed out for a 120 mile tour of the wine region of southern Tuscany which built up the appetite for the dinner and presentations in the hotel that night.

Sunday morning I was up early for a short walk in the Chestnut woods before starting the regularity time trial to the peak of Monte Amiata.

My original plan was to leave directly after lunch and prize giving, spending the night in Turin before heading home on Monday but was in such a good mood after a great weekend that I rode through the night and made it home by 0530 after completing 2500 miles.

I forgot to pack my camera but here are some taken by the other riders

The following weekend was not as much fun. I was heading to my parents about 10 miles away when I was involved in a slight accident. No harm done to me but I'm still waiting for parts to arrive before I can get the bike repaired so I've had to cancel my holidays to Scotland and Romania

Very nice photographs, David; Thank You! I love Tuscany and Italia! Very sorry to hear that your slight accident impacted your planned trips to Scotland and Romania. Cheers, Don

At first I saw all the folks standing around, talking and eating so I thought it was a North American FJR meet....or a Los Robustos ride. :lol:

It was great seeing all the different makes and types of motorcycles. Too bad you were forced to ride through that boring scenery. ;)

Sorry to read about your slight "incident". Hope all is well after the repairs and you have a safe ride home.