Comparison - Full Specs of SST's

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Your Welcome.

Here is the latest update that includes the Norge 1200 now that they have said it will be imported.

SSTSpecs-FullComparison.jpg

So, the ABS Connie is 100 pounds heavier than the '07 FJR, which is heavier than the Gen I bikes? With 9 more ponies and an extra 1 ft. lb. of torque? Doesn't sound all that impressive with those numbers. Less fuel capacity too.

So, the ABS Connie is 100 pounds heavier than the '07 FJR, which is heavier than the Gen I bikes? With 9 more ponies and an extra 1 ft. lb. of torque? Doesn't sound all that impressive with those numbers. Less fuel capacity too.
Actually the FJR is 20-30 lbs lighter depending on the source used. The weight for the C-14 is listed as "Wet" while the rest are DRY. Bike test USA lists the FJR at 642 WET. Superbike lists the C-14 at 679 WET.

Superbike.uk.com

Sorry for the confusion but there is no common source to use. Also, it was notated.

EDIT

of interest is that Kaw changed the gearing quite a bit from the ZX. 1st is now 3.33 instead of 2.62. That means the GTR will be at 41mph @7000 while the FJR will be 51@7000. Thats one way to get the extra weight moving! It bumps up against the rev limiter at just over 62mph (100kph) if Superbike is correct. Coincidence - I think not. These guys are serious about making the numbers look good. It might not be as fast but I prefer a more lengthy and liesurly launch.

Last edited by a moderator:
Since this is a FJR forum shouldn't the Feejr be 1'st on the list and not be almost at the end?????????????
You're about 1 year late to be asking for corrections.....

It looks "alphabetical" to me with the Norge added as a "late arrival" in 2007.

Last edited by a moderator:
Are the fuel grades correct? While comparing the ST1300 and FJR for my next bike purchase, one of the advantages for the FJR I noticed is the regular unleaded it uses vs premium for the ST. Of course that's just a minor consideration since the FJR handles better and has more performance, but when you're in the middle of Nevada and all they have is regular unleaded, it's nice to know the FJR can drink it down without any ill effects.

Latest posts