Comply NR-10

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FJRocket

Doctor Throckenstein !!!
Reaction score
Comply Linky

Gizmodo Review

iLounge Review

Anyone try them yet? I have several sets of foams for my ER-6i's to go through before I make the jump. But 48 db of noise reduction is pretty impressive. Comparable to any Bose product for $80? Hmmmmm....

Last edited by a moderator:
The sticks-out-of-the-ear part (stop me if I'm getting too technical here) looks a lot larger than the etys. That makes me wonder about comfort -- how much will the helmet press them into your ears? I also like the plastic tips on the etys better than the foams.

Those things will keep me from being the first to try them, but they sound impressive enough that I'll be looking for other folks' reports.

EDIT: BTW, I just noticed that the iLounge site actually rates the etymotics higher than these. I guess it's the desire for noise-canceling that would make the difference here.

I bought a pair of those last year.

I purchased mine through a re-seller and saved a few bucks.

Packaging was a little different, but that's all.

They are great for short rides, but torturous on long rides.

If you want the name of the reseller, PM me. I'll have to look for the packaging.

I would have to say that more is not always a good thing. My ER6i's sound great, and with the bike humming and my tunes playing, I can still JUST hear that approaching ambulance siren.

If you were to cut anymore outside noise I'd think you might be going to far. Granted everyones hearinng is diffrent , but I would guess at some point reducing your ability to hear outside sounds becomes a safety concern.

KM

I would have to say that more is not always a good thing. My ER6i's sound great, and with the bike humming and my tunes playing, I can still JUST hear that approaching ambulance siren.
If you were to cut anymore outside noise I'd think you might be going to far. Granted everyones hearinng is diffrent , but I would guess at some point reducing your ability to hear outside sounds becomes a safety concern.

KM
Great point.

I have a set of cheap Koss Sparkplug earphones that have a similar type of foam ear seal. I have taken various foam earplugs and punched holes for the sound tube to go through to try and get them working better. I have never been very happy with this kind of a seal. I think the silicone rubber seals found in the more expensive units are more useful in this kind of under-helmet application.

The sparkplugs do sound amazingly good for the such a low price tag. Certainly good enough for such a noisy environment as on a bike. Too bad I can't get them to stay in position under the helmet.

I've been using these for 2 years.

Similar to a ear plug for insertion, roll between fingers and quickly insert. Buy a few extra foams, don't last forever.

Noise reduction not as good as 30db ear plugs. High claim of 48db. Not true in my opinion.

Work good for music, or intercom. Can still hear whats going on around you.

Radio Shack had them on sale awhile ago, $20.

DUH. I Have the older style Comply ear phones. Never looked at the links.

Still say 48db not .... In my working around loud noise for awhile ears.

FWIW, I use the NR-1's that I purchase at Radio Shack for $40. They work great, sound good and I have wore them all day with no discomfort.
Radio Shack Version of NR-1's

JW
That's what I have been using the last 2 years and am happy with them. Not much money and work well. I found the foam to reduce outside noise better than the rubber cup ones. The only thing is you have to have spare foam plugs on board as they do fall apart every few months. I also found the wire breaks from wiping in the wind in about one season. But still a good deal at that price.