Consummated on 4/17/16

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's really not bad form to envy someone you haven't met, is it? Nice motorcycle . . . very nice. Congratulations!

Congrats on the new bike! I am beginning to feel alone with my Gen 1 bike and all the new gen 3s out there. At least Raquel still looks great and is paid for, lol.

Very nice, congrats!!
smile.png

congrats! to bad its not red!!!!
Thanks. Yes, I worked to get red, but in the end my Low Viz '15 runs the same. I'd rather be drab and ride instead of waiting and waiting for the right red to go on sale. I'm not married to this bike, it could move on depending on how the '16 works out and the paint Yamaha foists on us next year.

Last edited by a moderator:
Or you could paint it any color you want it to be! It already has a good primer coat.
wink.png
Ya, primer gray. The cost of a quality paint job would be worse than the first year depreciation
ermm.gif

I hope you are right, but based on recent 2014 sales prices, I fear that you are wrong.

Krylon FTW!

Liquid Graphite is a slimming color. I look 15 pounds lighter when I get on.

seriously you people... I've been on the fence about my GenII. It's still a virgin-like 62000 miles. Two trips planned this year, so far. A Northern CA ride the last week of June and then NAFO. So I might break 70k this year. It's going to be my daily commuter again now that the temps are above 50 consistently.

I go back and forth.. keep my reliable 07 (paid off) or bite, trade it in on a new ES.

When does the next Black Cherry come out? It's still the bestest color.

seriously you people... I've been on the fence about my GenII. It's still a virgin-like 62000 miles. Two trips planned this year, so far. A Northern CA ride the last week of June and then NAFO. So I might break 70k this year. It's going to be my daily commuter again now that the temps are above 50 consistently.
I go back and forth.. keep my reliable 07 (paid off) or bite, trade it in on a new ES.

When does the next Black Cherry come out? It's still the bestest color.
And the problems yet to be figgered out.

I'm happily riding my sorted 08 and watching....

smile.png

T/C - the Gen III is the shit. But truthfully, so is your bike. You'll have just as much fun either way. I went ape shit bonkers over the red color and allowed it to cloud my vision. Not sure what Alan's excuse is, but the point is - don't sweat it, man.

Don't worry, ride happy......

T/C - the Gen III is the shit. But truthfully, so is your bike. You'll have just as much fun either way. I went ape shit bonkers over the red color and allowed it to cloud my vision. Not sure what Alan's excuse is, but the point is - don't sweat it, man.
Don't worry, ride happy......
It's really a coin-toss for me and thankfully none of the local dealers have any in the showroom. The sales manager said he'd be happy to order one. The dealer I purchased mine from has been great for service and I may talk to them again. The D&H option is so appealing though. Now that I have more experience riding I may do that. When I purchased in 2007 I had all of 500 miles (maybe) on a 500cc bike.

I'll lust from a distance for now.

I'm not worried about the "new model" stuff that keep others from buying. Mine didn't exhibit the altitude "sickness" or the ignition switch faillure that others had. Maybe I'm lucky or maybe I don't push mine as hard as others. I just change the oil and keep fresh tires on :)

Ride happy y'all

...I went ape shit bonkers over the red color...Not sure what Alan's excuse is...
The confluence of money and motorcycle didn't occur favorably on the calendar. Last year's travel back and forth several times from NH to AZ for injured and dead relatives killed the budget when the red bikes were still available. I also had a new car to pay for so the $$$ just weren't there when the heart was. I'm sure my '15 still has the same heart as the '14, it's just missing the fancy dress :) Plus, I'm not married to this bike yet, given another year with a real color I could still change my machine.

Congrats on the new bike. The Gen III appears to be luring a lot of Gen one/two owners over. This is a good thing in the long run as Yamaha will continue making and refining them as long as they can continue to sell new ones.