Consummated on 4/17/16

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So you had your coming out to the Forum on a Friday? Only a few could get away with that.
biggrinsmiley.gif

Again, best of luck with it Alan.

Congrats, now changed your bike year. Oh and I'm jealous .... JSNS
Oh ya. Done. Thanks for the reminder, heaven knows I don't remember much these days. A new avatar will be coming in a few weeks.
Very cool. Changing the "FJR Year and Model" field was one of my favorite moments with my new one too. Keeping the avatar, though. :lol:

Ooooo. I just got to this post and I'm so excited for you and Helen!!! Yipppeeee!!! Congratulations!

I wonder how many FJRs has Scooter sold indirectly with his former snake oil.....er.....demo tour?

Well done, Alan. Congrats to you. Certainly in MOST circles, the ride you described in the OP, by all rights, would count as a maiden voyage. A rite of passage. But in your case, me thinks not. A rider of your experience and stature couldn't possibly call a few measly hundred miles sufficient for a shakedown cruise. No - I propose you consider something on a larger more fitting scale. A ride where you could meet many others who appreciate such an effort and could affirm the REAL consummation of your new horse. Considering the geography of your home, as A.J. has astutely suggested, a ride West would be the obvious choice. More specifically, southwest gives you the most options.

Boy, if you could just find somewhere and something to fit the bill in the next few weeks. Somewhere.... say, in Southeast Ohio......

Last edited by a moderator:
Ha ha... Glad to see that the cat is finally out of the bag. I tell ya, this third Gen FJR thing is downright contagious! And the demo ride day at MOMs is not until the 29th! Who will be the sucker buyer then? :rolleyes:

PS - I just figured out how to put highway pegs on the T-Rex engine guard cages this morning.

They fit right on instead of the plastic sliders. Easy peasy.

Congratulations! Those Gen 3's are beauties!

One day I will hit 100K with my Gen 1 - and perhaps then, perhaps it will be time for a Gen 3. Hopefully there will be a good low mileage Gen 3 sitting around for maybe just a bit more than I paid for my Gen I some 6-1/2 years ago.