Continental Roadattack2

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

03silverbullet

FJR Supporter
Reaction score
After reading this link https://www.conti-online.com/generator/www/de/en/continental/motorcycle/themes/motorcycletires/sport_touring/road_attack2/contiroadattack2_en.html

I decided to give the tires a try and must say that I am impressed. I have tried most of the rubber out there including the RS BT021 Azarros stratas, z6, and the last several sets and my favorite being the PR2.

I put about 500 miles on them this weekend which included 2 trips up to the mountains and some interstate riding.

So far , at least in performence these tires seem to be the winner. They seem to have the best traction of the tires I have tried. When you put your hand and feel the rubber, It feels different than the rest of the tires - like it would have more traction. The tire handle very well as well. They require little effort to turn and seem to fall into the turns. I adapted to them qiuckly.

Some of us who live in socal may be familiar with the carpool lane that transitions from the 57 south to the 91 east. It has alot of rain grooves and when on the PR2's caused the bike to move around some - not to bad but enough to cause me to back off a little bit. Not so with RA'2.They were very steady with little movement.

If I can get close to the mileage of the PR2's, This will be my tire of choice.

Not to many places carry them right now but they should be more available later in the fisrt quarter this year. I got them from Dennis Kirk - $267 delivered.

Last edited by a moderator:
Great thanks for this write up.

I had inquired about the RA-II, early last year, when they were released in Europe.

I discovered them on an ad; however the only place I saw them was on ebay...well in Europe.

So,

Where did you get yours?

I am definitely going to try them after these Diablo's wear out on my new ride.

keep us posted on what mileage you get out of these as compared to your PR2's for example.
Well, I wish I could say something a little more positive but the mileage on the rear sucks. At 4100 miles, I'm at the cords. I have never got such horrible mileage form a tire. I usually get about 7000 mile out of a rear with the PR2's being the best at about 8500 - 9000 miles and still no cords showing. At 3000 miles I noticed a flat spot in the middle, I didn't think to much of it and thought I might have another 3000 left but the middle of the tire has no thread so it was hard to tell and it sort of sneaked up on me - much like the Z6.

The front on the other hand seems to be wearing very well and I should get decent life out of it.

It's too bad because I really liked these tires. Last week in the rain they performed exceptionally well and in general, it was the best handling tire I have used.

At 4000 miles per rear, I just can't justify these tires.

Neener, neener, neener! I told you so.

Great handling and sticky grip means a softer compound tire = crappy life.

Well this is just disappointing news on the tread life.

And to think you got 4k miles in cool temps,

probably less in the hot humidity of the south and temps rising in the triple digits.

Well this is just disappointing news on the tread life.

And to think you got 4k miles in cool temps,

probably less in the hot humidity of the south and temps rising in the triple digits.
I believe temps have a lot less to do with it than most people think. I consistently get significanly above average mileage out of my tires riding around the 100+ temps of the desert southwest.

Right wrist (riding habits), road surface, and to a certain degree load are the biggest factors imho.

Aye, am going to weigh in on this one for who ever cares to read it.

The Michelin PR2 (170/60/17) is a Great mileage and confidence inspiring rear tire for me, but the front (120/70/17) just sucks!

I will be running another Metzeler Z6 front with my Michelin PR2 this season with confidence.

But, the VERY VERY BEST tire, I have ever run on the front of my FJR 1300 is a Perelli Strada (made in Germany). I am a front loader, leaning forward into the juice. For me, the Strada was an Awesome tire, now discontinued? WTF?

I have been a Road Attack (1) fan-boy for a few years now because they give more feel and precision than other tires I've tried. I can only hope this next iteration feels as good while getting the same mileage (4K tops) I have been getting. I have also noticed a couple pounds of pressure can drastically change the way these tires perform.

Thanks for the heads-up on Dennis Kirk since SW Moto is usually my default store.

There appears to be an addition to the Continental RoadAttack 2 Family:

Per their website:

The new ContiRoadAttack 2 GT, specially designed for heavy touring bikes.

The special construction design of the carcass improves the stability and handling on heavy touring bikes. Thereby it improves the abrasive wear and achieves an optimized wear life.

There appears to be an addition to the Continental RoadAttack 2 Family:

Per their website:

The new ContiRoadAttack 2 GT, specially designed for heavy touring bikes.

The special construction design of the carcass improves the stability and handling on heavy touring bikes. Thereby it improves the abrasive wear and achieves an optimized wear life.
ContiRoadAttack 2: Our masterpiece in sport touring