Corbin seat owners for the 2006

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Could someone please post a picture of the smooth seat. I would like to compare it as I think it might look better with the stock passenger section. Also has anyone had corbin add any foam to raise the seat. I have long legs and the 29" height wouldn't work for me.

Thanks
I'll get the camera out tommorrow and take some shots before i send it back. I does mix in better with the stock back seat than the stitched version. I may eventually get the rear seat and the whole package looks better stitched IMHO.

GreyGoose

Grey goose you have a real simple fix for your seat.

Just call CORBIN and tell them your problem and ask to return it that you are not sastisfied with the quality of work They will give you a( r. a. n.---Return authorazation number so you can send the seat back for repair or your money back.

YU MUST HAVE THE R.A.N NUMBER OR THEY will not accept the seat when shipped to them .

they are a good company to work with they honor their product

Could someone please post a picture of the smooth seat. I would like to compare it as I think it might look better with the stock passenger section. Also has anyone had corbin add any foam to raise the seat. I have long legs and the 29" height wouldn't work for me.

Thanks
Here is my 2006 with the smooth Corbin Saddle and Smuggler Trunk.

CloseUp.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi All,

For those that have the 'heated' option... does it have two levels of heat, or just one??? (on/of or high/low/off).

TIA!

Heres what the smooth option looks like. I didnt even know it was available untill it showed up at my door. I was trying to get one that looks like the one on the website. It was what they had showing at the honda hoot when i bought it. The one that showed up blends pretty well with the stock back seat as far as looks go. It lowers you to 29 inches but its hard as rock (like most corbins). I find the extra firm seats to be comfortable on long distances. anyway, looks like this thread now show 3 availabe options (smooth, textured, and stitched).

DSC03884.jpg

DSC03886.jpg

GreyGoose

Hi All, 

For those that have the 'heated' option... does it have two levels of heat, or just one??? (on/of or high/low/off).

TIA!

I recieved my heated Corbin (front for 2006 FJR) several days ago. I called them, asking the same question that you asked. The person I spoke with at first said it should have a low, high and off. He went and looked at one, telling me that ours must only have on and off. Mine also came with twin power and neg. wires, all leading to the one switch on the side of the seat. It looks like ours come pre-wired for a heated rear seat using one switch for both front and rear. This is unlike the pictures they show of other seats which appear to have separate switches for front and rear. I thought maybe, at first, that the dual wiring was for a high and low, but that doesn't make sense. It heats very well, and does cycle off after one hour. I am able to feel the heat through my Roadcrafter. I have had five or six Corbins, over the years, and this one has the thinnest foam of all of them. I like Corbins, but this one I'll have to get use to. After the break-in time, I might not notice how thin it is. I rode 200 miles yesterday and it provided good support, no hot spots, but I would like just a little more foam. It has the pleated seat cover, which really looks good. I also like how it lowers the seating, on mine at least 2 inches. I am pleased with it and would buy again, but not quiet as comfortable as the one on my V-Strom.

VicaDon, et all... I was asking because on the Corbin site it says 'high and low' setting, but the one I just received only has on/off???? I was going to wait to install it until I checked with Corbin 'just to make sure'.

I guess I will go ahead and put it on today and check it out.

I also bought one for my V-Strom, but need to put it on too... :)

Thanks for the quick reply!

VicaDon, et all... I was asking because on the Corbin site it says 'high and low' setting, but the one I just received only has on/off???? I was going to wait to install it until I checked with Corbin 'just to make sure'.
I guess I will go ahead and put it on today and check it out.

I also bought one for my V-Strom, but need to put it on too... :)

Thanks for the quick reply!
Uncle Bud,

You will love the one on the V-Strom. A great seat.

VicaDon

:dribble: I bit the bullet and ordered a front seat and the smuggler for my '06 FJR. The saleman told me the heated seat came with the stitching or "tucked and rolled" pattern while the standard is smooth.

He also informed me that I could get the stitching or "tucked and rolled" pattern with the standard seat, all he had to do was type in those instructions and it would be done at "no charge".

I received confirmation of the order via e-mail and it's all there including the instructions to tuck and roll along with lowering the seat a pinch as I am one of those vertically challenged individuals. The prospect of not being on my tippy toes for the first time has me intrigued.

Now it remains to be seen if the person building the seat is attentive enough to read the instructions, or for that matter able to read the instructions.

:dribble: I bit the bullet and ordered a front seat and the smuggler for my '06 FJR. The saleman told me the heated seat came with the stitching or "tucked and rolled" pattern while the standard is smooth.
He also informed me that I could get the stitching or "tucked and rolled" pattern with the standard seat, all he had to do was type in those instructions and it would be done at "no charge".

I received confirmation of the order via e-mail and it's all there including the instructions to tuck and roll along with lowering the seat a pinch as I am one of those vertically challenged individuals. The prospect of not being on my tippy toes for the first time has me intrigued.

Now it remains to be seen if the person building the seat is attentive enough to read the instructions, or for that matter able to read the instructions.
You wont need to worry about the height, there all low (29 inches). I had mine taken down an additional 3/8 inch. the pattern is a different ballgame. I was pretty darn surprised when mine showed up the way it did.

Good luck. It will make a big difference in how the bike feels. I always felt like i was over the top of the bike. The corbin put you down in it.

GreyGoose

Hi All,

TIA!

I recieved my heated Corbin (front for 2006 FJR) several days ago. I called them, asking the same question that you asked. The person I spoke with at first said it should have a low, high and off. He went and looked at one, telling me that ours must only have on and off. Mine also came with twin power and neg. wires, all leading to the one switch on the side of the seat. It looks like ours come pre-wired for a heated rear seat using one switch for both front and rear. This is unlike the pictures they show of other seats which appear to have separate switches for front and rear. I thought maybe, at first, that the dual wiring was for a high and low, but that doesn't make sense. It heats very well, and does cycle off after one hour. I am able to feel the heat through my Roadcrafter. I have had five or six Corbins, over the years, and this one has the thinnest foam of all of them. I like Corbins, but this one I'll have to get use to. After the break-in time, I might not notice how thin it is. I rode 200 miles yesterday and it provided good support, no hot spots, but I would like just a little more foam. It has the pleated seat cover, which really looks good. I also like how it lowers the seating, on mine at least 2 inches. I am pleased with it and would buy again, but not quiet as comfortable as the one on my V-Strom.

I have both front and rear heated seats. Both switches are single pole so it's just on and off. The Dual Canyon Saddle that I had on my 2005 FJR had a high and low switch.

Did 500 miles of twisties and sweepers yesterday -- no interstates. Longest ride on the Corbin on my 2006. I felt pretty good and I think it is going to work well.

As an aside, also got caught in a major hail storm and ended up with about 3 inches of hail on the road -- just a little more than scary. Following in the track of a couple of cars. Temperatures before entering the storm were in the 70s and during the hail dropped to upper 30s. Somehow I was not carrying chains for the FJR.