Credit/Identity Protection: Who Do You Use?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm listening closely. Just last Friday, I needed some cheap paint supplies for a charity project, so I picked up $10 worth of stuff from Horror Fright (OK, Harbor Freight). Visa credit card declined......hmmmm.....scan again, same thing. Paid cash, went home and called Visa. My account had been put on hold a couple hours earlier. Seems somebody called wanting to change the address for "Me", the cardholder. Knew my mother's maiden name and the last 4 digits of my social security number. Don't know which site they got that information from, but I try to be pretty protective of my data.

The gal at Visa was very helpful, and we added another security question to the formula. BUT, it still scares the shit out of me.........

Curious! Tyler's link would take you to lessburdens.com, not the ID Shield site. Hover your mouse over the link and it will show you the URL.
This may be valid but I've seen enough fake links lately to make me check first.
If you click on the link, it will take you to the rep's page on LegalShield which is also the same site for IDShield. ;)