CS-One exhaust - whos got the best deal?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When I bought mine early this year, IndySuperBikes had the best price. I'd never done business with them (frankly had not even heard of them) prior to this purchase but the price and speed of delivery was very good.

I really like the sound and look of them, so in that regard I'm very satisfied. I got the polished ones. Good deep throated sound, without being loud and obnoxious. Not too loud on the highway, either. Great appearance the blends very well with the bike. Fit was excellent. Sounds phenomenal when the engine is rev'd to 4000 and above. Product - Great.

On the other hand, one of the mufflers arrived with a 1" dent on the bottom side. The package was in perfect condition so it was clear that it was packed at the factory with that dent. The mufflers also came with the wrong size (too large) clamps. That was a time consuming effort to get resolved. The V&H customer service guy was nice enough, it's just that things were slow to happen and required too much follow up. I've heard several other stories of people having received their with the wrong clamps as well, so it's certainly not an isolated case. Customer Service and Attention to Outgoing Quality - Poor

I would still consider getting them again, but would insist that the retailer check the parts first to make sure they were correct and undamaged. I would consider some other muffler options as well, including the ones from the UK that people are looking at lately.

2012-07-22130018.jpg

2012-07-22130143.jpg

2012-07-22130152.jpg

When I bought mine early this year, IndySuperBikes had the best price. I'd never done business with them (frankly had not even heard of them) prior to this purchase but the price and speed of delivery was very good.

I really like the sound and look of them, so in that regard I'm very satisfied. I got the polished ones. Good deep throated sound, without being loud and obnoxious. Not too loud on the highway, either. Great appearance the blends very well with the bike. Fit was excellent. Sounds phenomenal when the engine is rev'd to 4000 and above. Product - Great.

On the other hand, one of the mufflers arrived with a 1" dent on the bottom side. The package was in perfect condition so it was clear that it was packed at the factory with that dent. The mufflers also came with the wrong size (too large) clamps. That was a time consuming effort to get resolved. The V&H customer service guy was nice enough, it's just that things were slow to happen and required too much follow up. I've heard several other stories of people having received their with the wrong clamps as well, so it's certainly not an isolated case. Customer Service and Attention to Outgoing Quality - Poor

I would still consider getting them again, but would insist that the retailer check the parts first to make sure they were correct and undamaged. I would consider some other muffler options as well, including the ones from the UK that people are looking at lately.
Thanks for all the info and advice. I never really considered calling the retailer and having them check the clamps and condition, but I'll be doing that for sure. I've read some older posts of folks having the same problem with the clamps.

Looks like Indy still has the best price...just a shade over $600. I couldn't even find them on E-bay for under $650.

I really like the look of these pipes, they look great on your ride! They fit the bike just right.

Now if I could just pull the trigger...exhaust, or new seats?? Exhaust, or seats????

Seat or exhaust....they both cost around $600 so it's a tough choice.

I did the Corbin seats first. The list of farkles on my bike is actually far longer than I'd like to admit, but the seat was needed for me right at the beginning for ride height as well as slightly improved comfort. Exhaust is somewhat more emotional than functional, but I live in an area of NC with lots of deer. The louder exhaust can be heard further away than stock and that was my primary reason for eventually getting the CS-Ones.

I never kid.

Curvy, twisty narrow roads with no long visibility and woods on either side. That's where I live. Beautiful but can be dangerous. Ever have a deer jump out directly in front of you? I have. It's actually terrifying. One of the guys in my club was badly injured on a ride due to a deer. I have lights, I beep my horn, and the louder exhaust. Anything I can do to help them know that I'm coming is what I do.

I never kid.

Curvy, twisty narrow roads with no long visibility and woods on either side. That's where I live. Beautiful but can be dangerous. Ever have a deer jump out directly in front of you? I have. It's actually terrifying. One of the guys in my club was badly injured on a ride due to a deer. I have lights, I beep my horn, and the louder exhaust. Anything I can do to help them know that I'm coming is what I do.
Funny you should bring that up. Just the other day I was on one of my favorite twisty back roads just before dusk. No cross roads, with thick woods on both sides. I had a nice 1/2 mile straight coming up, where I usualy wind it out pretty good. Coming out of the last turn before the straight, I caught a couple newborn fawns out of the corner of my eye. Just saw enough of them to notice what they were on the edge of the woods. I pulled hard out of the corner, and soon as I straightened up there were 2 adult does right in the middle of my lane. I got on the brakes, and they criss crossed and bolted to either side into the woods. Had they not darted, I'm certain I would have planted the bike into one of them. I had a split second to get on the brakes, but by the time I slowed, I was long past where they had been standing.

Looking back at it, that was a pretty stupid time to open it up...just when the deer were coming out to feed.

It was an eye opener for sure, I haven't had a close call like that in a long time.

I never kid.

Haha...yes. We have deer too. FWIW, I've seen plenty of them get creamed by straight pipe Harleys. Not that you're an idiot, just don't let the slightly louder pipes and your horn lull you into some false sense of security. Those things are stupider than you can imagine and may just stand their ground until the last second. I'm sure you know this, I just had to get it off my chest. Sorry!!

That's why I use aux lights, beep my horn as I drive through areas with woods on both sides of the road, and rev the engine with the louder exhaust. The deer in my neighborhood do seem to stop in their tracks and look up when they hear a sudden change in noise, such as revving or beeping. But yes,they are incredibly dumb creatures.

It's also helpful to avoid riding near dusk or near dawn, the 2 times per day when deer are the most active. But even with that, we had a 30 bike group ride earlier this year, interrupted in the middle of the afternoon by a large group of deer who crossed the road right through the middle of the entire pack of bikes. Stupid is as Stupid does.

At the risk of sounding abrasive Horned Rats do not react to sounds, lights, horns, music, or yelling. They move to the beat of a suicide drummer. I live in Eastern PA and we are polluted with these very stupid creatures.

Anyone know where to get a good deal on some V&H CS-One cans?

Any good vender discounts out there?

To those with the CS-One's, are you still happy with them? Not sure if I wanna pull the trigger.

Thanks.

I like the way they look and sound. I also had a small dent on one of the mufflers, clamps were fine customer service sucks it took about a month to get new muffler. The first time they tried to resolve issue they sent a muffler without the pipe attached.