Custom command center Farkle control

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the kind words. I think I included images of my wiring routes but not certain. Again, using the forum as guidance I tried to run my harness as others have noted with success. I did a add double wall heat shrink tubing to the entire harness and doubled that with a secondary wire trough as a precaution.
One thing I failed to request in my post. PLEASE don't give me a hard time about how clean the bike is!! Along with my electronics addiction I am also anal about details and DIRT! My wife hates me for it but I love this bike and hate to see her dirty. Hopefully this year I will find the time to hook up with Mr WheatonFJR and make it dirty with some road time.

Dave K
=======

No hard time about how clean your bike is............... but......... is

that really a Gremlin in your garage???

I was cool with everything....... except that... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

B.

Yes, the Gremlin is one of my other Odd hobbies. Funny thing is that car starts every time without an issue and doesn't leak a drop. Can't say that about my other car choices. :angry2: 1970 AMC Gremlin off a California movie lot. 70K original miles with aftermarket Levi Denim interior. My daughter loves when I drop her off at school in it. The kids remarkably know what it is???

Here is a picture of her in the film "Blow" starring Johnny Dep. Small part but she smiled nicely.

173.jpg

Here is a shot of my daughter proudly showing off her "Future" car at the auto show.

IMG_1310.jpg

Now if anyone wants to dig DEEP into my ODD hobbies lets talk PINBALL MACHINES! :yahoo: I have 15 beautiful samples and counting. Can you see my madness, Toys, electronic Gadgets, and Odd! I will say however that it is PRICELESS to see my kids friends come over and see actual pinball machines to play. Most have sadly never even seen one! Wow did I get WAY off topic on this one!!! Sorry......

CIMG0952.jpg

Dave K

Thanks for the kind words. I think I included images of my wiring routes but not certain. Again, using the forum as guidance I tried to run my harness as others have noted with success. I did a add double wall heat shrink tubing to the entire harness and doubled that with a secondary wire trough as a precaution.
One thing I failed to request in my post. PLEASE don't give me a hard time about how clean the bike is!! Along with my electronics addiction I am also anal about details and DIRT! My wife hates me for it but I love this bike and hate to see her dirty. Hopefully this year I will find the time to hook up with Mr WheatonFJR and make it dirty with some road time.

Dave K
=======

No hard time about how clean your bike is............... but......... is

that really a Gremlin in your garage???

I was cool with everything....... except that... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

B.

If you've got a Black Knight machine that works, I need directions to your place! Multi-level board, Magna-Save, and multi-ball!! It quickly became my favorite at our local mall arcade.

That is an astoundingly clean install. Excellent work. :dribble: :dribble: :dribble: :dribble:

You should make another and...ah...ride to sunny Florida and to a tech day.

Seriously though, had you thought about making more of them and/or offering install services if you do?

That is one of the cleanest installs I've seen yet! Excellent work. And I thought I was a gadget freak. :dribble:

CaptBob,

I mostly collect SS machines. I still have an Alien Poker and Kiss but they are the oldest ones I kept. The EM's don't seem to keep the attention of my kids very long. I just enjoy trouble shooting restoring the machines back to health.

Dave

Nice job Dave!

For the front panel of the command center, did you use the water jet to cut the holes as well? Also, would you be willing to make some additional boxes (with or without precut mounting holes)?

Dave will you be offering these for sale?

I think it would be great with a blank face plate and people could cut their own holes to meet their needs.

Very nice job.

I used the Waterjet to cut all of the geometry including the holes. The machine will typically hold .001" so it beats anything I could do with a drill plus it guarantees the positioning will be exactly to scale.

Dave K

I am considering making a Small product run of these but there are some variables I need to define before I commit to any promises. The biggest variable is the profile of the gauge cluster on a Gen 1 verses a Gen 2. This current setup is an extremely perfect fit for a Gen 2 (2008) but I need to get find a local Gen 1 model to gather some dimensions and tweak the profile. Very simple to change the machine programming but I need to test a paper template before I jump in with both feet production mode. Also, to keep costs low I would consider supplying a blank face (or 2) plate of aluminum so the user can add holes and positioning as they vision it. All of this is Completely speculation at this point!! As I mentioned, I need to template a Gen 1 first as I will not consider this unless I can offer it to all. Thanks again to all for the kind words and comments. If anyone on the group has a vision or concept they would like assistance with feel free to contact me. I understand most don't have access to the technology I have available to me but I am certain I can help you bring your vision to reality! (or try anyway) :blink:

Dave K

Dave will you be offering these for sale?
I think it would be great with a blank face plate and people could cut their own holes to meet their needs.

Very nice job.