"Cycle Gear" now open in Cleveland

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pista

Reaction score
For anyone interested there is a new Cycle Gear open in North Olmsted right off I-480.

Grand Opening deals March 7th-9th.

25102 Brookpark Rd.

North Olmsted, OH

Right near Wal-Mart and Target.

I'm really lucky. I have a cycle gear about 2.5 miles from my house. They offer very good deals on tire mounting. Gotta' be off the bike, though.

Last edited by a moderator:
I used to shop at Cycle Gear all the time since I could shop through AAFES and save on not paying taxes and no shipping cost but when they switched over to carrying mostly their own store brand BiLT I've stopped shopping there.

I'm not down with the Bilt stuff, either. Inferior quality as far as I can see. I was in Cycle Gear the other day looking @ rainsuits. I see they've branded Frogg Toggs with the Bilt name. Good for them.. might be the only way that they can sell Bilt shit is to label other company's goods with their name.

I shop less and less there myself, really just some chemicals and a battery for my TW last year. Not a Bilt fan myself, They do carry FirstGear, they just don't stock it. "Well order it for you" uhh, thanks, I'll get back to you.

Not familiar with them, or Bilt products. But it's always good to have options.

BTW, they also carry

Dainese, Alpinestars, Sedici, Icon, Shoei, Arai, Fox, O'Neal, etc, as well.

You will find very little of the other brands (stocked) that they carry other than Bilt. They will order stuff for you. They used to carry Frank Thomas as their house brand. Another one I'd never heard of... but I liked their luggage. Never actually wore any of their gear. I have issues with buying gear that I'd never, ever heard of or know nothing about.

Not familiar with them, or Bilt products. But it's always good to have options.
BTW, they also carry

Dainese, Alpinestars, Sedici, Icon, Shoei, Arai, Fox, O'Neal, etc, as well.
Yes they do carry it on their website but if you ever go to there stores (I've been to Louisville and Knoxville) you won't find hardly any of it actually in the store. The whole reason I go to stores is so I can try it on and look at it before I buy it.

I won the Grand Opening weekend JVC Adixxion HD camera...retail is $299.99. I did find it on Amazon for $258.00

I might entertain offers...

He he...

A new Cycle Gear in the Northeast too. In Woooburn, Mass. Don't think I'd make a special trip down there just for that, but might stop by when I'm already in the 'hood.

FWIW I bought a Bilt Explorer helmet (dual sport style lid) because I was not thrilled with the AFX DS lid I had at the time. The Explorer is a much better helmet in all regards, and I paid half the "normal" list price of $200, which made the deal even more attractive to me. I also liked that I could get it in HiViz Yellow since a good part of dual sporting is the on-road part, and on a dual sport bike you are really invisible to cagers.

No experience with them in any other way, but based on that 50% discount I'd imagine they have a healthy markup on their house brands, and you might want to wait for similar discounts and deals.

I wonder if there's a push to expand? Or are they franchises? In either case when I read they did tire changes it got me curious. Last time I looked for a location was last season and the closest I found was up in Connecticut. But now I see there's one about ten minutes from me, opened towards the end of last year. Stopped in for a look-see. Well stocked store although I think it leaned more towards the sport-bike end, and the younger riders at that. (Ok. Go ahead. I know. Just about ALL of them are younger riders now, right?
mda.gif
) Saw what you meant ref. all the Bilt brand and also Trackside which I guess is their tool/equipment line but very little of anything else. No tire swaps either. Was told the store was too small but I'd bet it had more to do with the lease.

The wife and I went to Louisville this past weekend for Motorcycle Superstore Outlet store sale so we stopped by the CycleGear store also. They had one Dianese jacket in stock and everything else for men was BiLT. Overall the store was stocked 98% BiLT gear. I won't be going back.

Just so you all know, if you're shopping on line Motorcycle Superstore Outlet, any item identified with green text 'in stock" it will be at the Louisville store. When I first visited the store a year or so ago, I was not impressed. Today is totally different. My recent experience is outstanding service from these guys. You can shop from a terminal in the store or they will assist you from their terminal. They will make repeated trips to the back and bring out as many items as you like to compare, try on etc... I think most everything on display are returns and you can come across some very good deals.

Just so you all know, if you're shopping on line Motorcycle Superstore Outlet, any item identified with green text 'in stock" it will be at the Louisville store. When I first visited the store a year or so ago, I was not impressed. Today is totally different. My recent experience is outstanding service from these guys. You can shop from a terminal in the store or they will assist you from their terminal. They will make repeated trips to the back and bring out as many items as you like to compare, try on etc... I think most everything on display are returns and you can come across some very good deals.
We have gotten some great deals at the MotorcycleSuperstore Outlet. On one trip in Sep 2012, the wife got a Rev'it jacket (retail $450), me a pair of Alpinestar SMX 5 boots (retail $215), Alpinestar GP1 gloves (retail $120). Well we were talking to one of the guys working there, who ended up being the man who runs the outlet, and when he found out that I had just gotten home from Iraq on 18 August and was leaving for Afghanistan on 7 October he gave us one hell of a discount. We paid $318 for everything! Anytime we go through Louisville we stop there because it is hit or miss whether you will find anything on the discount racks that fits.

They do change tires at Cycle Gear, but when they screwed up the rims of an old ST1100 I had, they told me, and this is no joke, "That I didn't tell them to protect the rims" WTF? As before I only buy bike wash and fork oil from them now, and I make sure I know what I want so as not to bother them with silly questions they can't answer.