Death Valley Dualsport or Street ride January 23-27

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Teaser pic from Hunter Mountain looking north.
IMG-7669.jpg

Looking down into the Panamint Valley.

IMG-7739.jpg

Saturday bump.
Still on the fence.
That is covered in snow...…..JSNS
You're right. It's snowing right now.

Looking at the map there doesn't seem to be a whole lot of choices for rides staying on the pavement.
Yeah it is limited on the street, we have many more choices with the back unpaved roads. Mid Feb - April or Oct-Nov is better for strictly street as you can loop over to Big Pine on 395 or down to Valley of Fire or Red Rocks near Vegas. Of course we'd love to see you anyway Ray.

Damn it! I'll be busy with a new job but I could sure use a mid winter ride.
New job? How come all the guys who retire keep working when they should be riding....

You have a couple bikes that would enjoy Death Valley.
I have failed as a counselor, must be the poor example I have set over the past 14 years of retired bliss! JSNS
John, you didn't fail, I just stumbled a little. The job didn't work out ( interfered with my life, motorcycle school and riding schedule, and they thought I should come to work 5 days a week WTF? ), so I'm in the planning stage to make this event, a Moab ride with other midwesterners in April, or YFO in September.

Last edited by a moderator:
So is anybody else bringing street bikes??

If I had the bucks I would buy one of the many KLR's on Craigslist and do the ride and sell it when I got back.

Still on the fence.
uhoh.gif

Is any of carvers stuff running? I am sure whichever one you take will make it back in one piece............

I really wanted to do this, but managment reminded me that we're going skiing at Whistler that weekend. You all have fun.

Titus Canyon is not to be missed. Have been on Saline Valley Road multiple times. Both North and South Pass might have snow/ice this time of year so rider beware. I'll see if I can get a trailer to haul my KLR650 down. Sounds like a good time.

Looking better for me. My daughter in Vegas wants to go for a ride so if she can get a couple days off during the week I'll probably load up the White Whale or the FJR and head down. will know for sure this weekend.

Titus Canyon is not to be missed. Have been on Saline Valley Road multiple times. Both North and South Pass might have snow/ice this time of year so rider beware. I'll see if I can get a trailer to haul my KLR650 down. Sounds like a good time.
Book your room and come on down. Hunter Mountain back in 2011

IMG-0013.jpg

Looking better for me. My daughter in Vegas wants to go for a ride so if she can get a couple days off during the week I'll probably load up the White Whale or the FJR and head down. will know for sure this weekend.
Cool Ray, keep us posted. Here's a nice warm picture.

IMG-0022.jpg