Dec 7th, Chicago Toys for Tots

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

artistic rider

Reaction score
I can't believe a year has gone by so fast. Clicky for the kids I'm not planning on taking the FJR this year. I want to see if I can get the sidecar filled on the Ural. Hope to see a bunch of ya there! :bike: :santasmiley:

Victor,

A long as I can get out of the sub-division I am there. Are you going to set up a time and place where we can meet? Because once there you can not move.

Victor,
A long as I can get out of the sub-division I am there. Are you going to set up a time and place where we can meet? Because once there you can not move.

I say we use the same meeting place as Ridercoach Lar proposed last year. The Dennys just off the Tri-state on 95th street. I'm already taking a vacation day (saved my last day for this) so I'll be there. Last year I was at the Dan Ryan Woods at 7:30 and was pretty close to the front. The ride was pretty easy and quick, no pogo effect. I was at Foster ave about 2 hours after the start. You will be stuck in 2nd gear throughout the ride. 25 mph tops. I think the rain and snow the previous night put alot of people off but I still would like to be in place by 7:30 again. So lets meet for coffee and a quick breakfast around 5:30 or 6 am. 7 am at the latest start heading for the Dan Ryan woods. I'm game for earlier if you guys are up to it.

...and when you get to the Foster bridge, wave. I'm one of the goons trying to direct traffic on the bridge. Usually the first or second person you will see.

OK guys. Looks like a cold one. 13 or 14 degrees I'm thinking at the start. Looks like I will break my lowest riding temperature record and will be doing a good thing for the kids. Looks like a win/win for me! :yahoo:

OK guys. Looks like a cold one. 13 or 14 degrees I'm thinking at the start. Looks like I will break my lowest riding temperature record and will be doing a good thing for the kids. Looks like a win/win for me! :yahoo:
Good for you Victor....you fanatic. Watch the ice and drunk drivers early in the morning...

Good for you Victor....you fanatic. Watch the ice and drunk drivers early in the morning...
Yeah, you watch the ice while we're passing you ... in the warmth and comfort of our cars! :lol:

If you see an ambulance w/ a 13 on its side, wave. I'm working that day and you'll pass one of our regular stops.Swedish Hospital on Foster.

so was anybody else out there?

Was looking for feejers, didn't see any. :(

Artistic--was that you on the only Ural I saw? Gray, sidecar.

and yep, it was dang cold. brrrrrrrrr. But the sun was out, so it wasn't that bad. Better than last year's weather, at any rate.

Last edited by a moderator:
so was anybody else out there? Was looking for feejers, didn't see any. :(

and yep, it was dang cold. brrrrrrrrr. But the sun was out, so it wasn't that bad. Better than last year's weather, at any rate.

Yep that was me. Where were you? I was looking for at least one other FJR but didn't see any. :( I don't know about last years weather. What tiome did you get there? I was running a little behind but was glad I did. But I still was close to the same spot as last year. That was my first one and while wet it was definately warmer. It was in the 40's when it started and the 60's as I rode home soaked because I was to lazy to get out my wet gear.

Last edited by a moderator:
so was anybody else out there? Was looking for feejers, didn't see any. :(

Yep that was me. Where were you? I was looking for at least one other FJR but didn't see any. :( I don't know about last years weather. What tiome did you get there? I was running a little behind but was glad I did. But I still was close to the same spot as last year. That was my first one and while wet it was definately warmer. It was in the 40's when it started and the 60's as I rode home soaked because I was to lazy to get out my wet gear.
I work the Foster bridge, so I got to the Marine center about 7am. I was the first goon on the bridge (grey watchcap, grey coat btight yellow safety vest...but you were next to the curb, so I didn't get a chance to speak (yell) to you. My feej was parked in the corner by the alley that leads to the overhead door for the drill court.

OKay. Here are some of the pics. Damn Nikon lens died on me or was dying. Auto focus doesn't work anymore and the color is horrible. Wish I had looked at the pics more often and would have changed lens in time. Also it seems I wasn't pressing the button hard enough through my gloves and missed alot of shots I thought I had. Anyway enough bitching. Enjoy.

35.jpg

DSC_0004.jpg

DSC_0032.jpg

DSC_0038.jpg

DSC_0016.jpg

The remaining few that I have are here.... clicky

Wow, excellent effort you guys, nice pics too. Hoping the weather is good for you this year. And don't forget you're sharing the day (December 7th) with another fairly important event (past); Pearl Harbor Day.