diablo street - BT-016 $200 a set?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eric

Reaction score
I need cheap tires that stick. I know these 2 tires are for lighter sport bikes, but I see them on sale for $200 a pair and since no one has bailed me out yet I don't have the money to spare for the PR2's I want.

Will these run any time on a heavy bike like this? I am running them on my FZ-1 but again that is much lighter and I don't ride it as much so tire wear dosen't matter to me on it.

also, what exactly is a diablo street? I see this term used in the cycle gear store, but don't find it on the internet search.

They are standard Pirelli Diablos I use these on my SV. I think they are phasing out and the Rosso is taking its place.

I've run Pirelli and Michelin sport bike tires on mine, the lates being a 2CT rear before mounting the current set of PR2s for my CFR adventure.

The sport bike tires will work but usually won't last as long. IIRC, the Pirelli felt a little "mushy" until I raised the tire pressure a couple of pounds and bumped the rear shock preload 2 clicks, then everything was fine.