Dive on braking...?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
click here

Not so much your weight on the foot on the ground as inseam. Check to see if your bike is on the "soft" setting.

Frankly, high or low seat position didn't do much different for me on seat to ground height as much as it did for seat to foot peg geometry.
Thanks! I really needed that...Will check that out and save it...I have NO idea how to adjust anything on this bike..yet! <G>

It's one complicated mu...ok, I'll be nice... motorcycle! :rolleyes:

Mary

click here
that is an online copy of the owner's manual.

NO _ it is not the same as a service or shop manual.  Service manual goes into much more detail on torque values and how to fix stuff.  not sure what this manual will have on setting shocks up. 

Not so much your weight on the foot on the ground as inseam.  Check to see if your bike is on the "soft" setting. 

Frankly, high or low seat position didn't do much different for me on seat to ground height as much as it did for seat to foot peg geometry. 

On my old bike - it was MUCH easier to get your feet on the ground from the high position.  Something about the low position making you spread your legs more, I guess.
Great info on setting up the suspension, thanks guys.

I just looked at the link showing the available Service Manual, but can't quite figure out why there are 4 listed.

https://www.yamahapubs.com/html/itemsearch....odel=&x=81&y=11

The on-line Owners Manual (Yamaha US) only shows one PDF file.

https://www.yamaha-motor.com/sport/service/...s.aspx?ls=sport

Also, any Eurozone based FJR owner could you please direct me to the Yamaha-Europe version of the Service (to buy) & on-line Owner's Manuals? I am picking up my new 06 FJR1300A (Blue) Euro Spec so need the Euro Spec manuals.

Thanks.

Bagger, if your front end "dives like crazy" when you downshift or decelerate you have a problem with your forks. Rear wheel braking or deceleration shouldn't cause the front end to do this. Maybe you're just being loose with your description.

norcal....

I don't think I'm being overly descriptive about the dive on decel or braking. But, compared to my Wing, it is excessive on the FJR. Even backing off the throttle will cause my weight to shift forward to my hands. Braking is even more dramatic.

BAGGER

norcal....

I don't think I'm being overly descriptive about the dive on decel or braking. But, compared to my Wing, it is excessive on the FJR. Even backing off the throttle will cause my weight to shift forward to my hands. Braking is even more dramatic.

BAGGER

yamaholic....

Thanx, man .... really good EZ to understand instructions. I'll give it a try.

PS..... sorry for the double post. Forum site is giving me fits. Can't post sometimes, other times OK... won't allow me to sign in altho I'm already logged on. Asked the Admin, but no response. Sorry, anyway. :(

BAGGER

Latest posts