Does anyone make a large luggage rack?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steel_Gin

Reaction score
I have been looking for a large luggage rack for my 2012 and haven’t seen anything that will cover what I need. From time to time I have to transport a large box that is 2 feet square and 10 inches high (about 15 lbs.) and I am looking for something that I can securely tie down to. So far I have lucked out, whenever I needed to do this over the last two years I had driven my car to work, but I know sooner or later my luck will run out. (these deliveries pop up on short notice.) Is there a large luggage rack available out there for the FJR? Ideally I’d like it to bolt to the so called luggage rack on the back, even if it extended over the pillion seat I’d be good with that.

On a different note, this cold winter has given me a bad case of PFJRS this season. Spring won’t get here fast enough. (Parked FJR Syndrome)

Gary is the Man! Just put in his stiffy kit and bolted his rack atop the oem one. Sweet setup!!
punk.gif

I've been searching for something that utilizes the pillion seat area as well.

I think this would help keep the weight over the wheels instead of springboarding off the tail.

Any suggestions? Gary?

I think this is the one, but it was for a Gen1 bike. I could make up something for a Gen2/3 bike, but the stock Gen2/3 tailrack may need to go.

P7091261_zps7080d93d.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: