Double Secret Probation

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have felt like that. I didn't act like that, but I have felt like that.

Poor guy. Did it occur to any of those scurrying that maybe a bit of consoling

would have a been a better reaction? He wasn't brandishing a weapon, or threatening

anyone.

Nice to know that if you ever see your world as coming apart,

there'll be a dozen bystanders filming it on their phones, but not offering

a word of understanding.

(Ready for forum beatdown. :D )

Last edited by a moderator:
That, believe it or not, could very well be me in a diabetic low. It's called "the dance". I have literally lifted, while being held down, 2 paramedics and a cop trying to restrain me until a Glucagon shot could take effect. It mimics a combative drunk, and diabetics have often been arrested for DWI while in the throes of a severe low. Funny, it ain't....... :unsure: Good on ya OM, I have had lows in The World, and it's people like you that save the situation. I really need to find a way for the wife to tape me in a low-laughs all 'round (also some of the spookiest shit you'll see)

I really need to find a way for the wife to tape me in a low-laughs all 'round (also some of the spookiest shit you'll see)
No, thanks. Had a college roommate (whom I'd known since we were freshman in high school) who was diabetic and went into a . . . . class 3 or type 3 reaction? Something like that. Anyway, scared the bejeezus outta me, but I'm glad I was there to help him. IIRC, his blood sugar was somewhere around 8 or so.

That happened early on a Saturday evening. When he was finally coherent in the hospital, I had to bring him up to speed - he didn't remember anything since Friday night.

Spooky is right.

No, thanks. Had a college roommate (whom I'd known since we were freshman in high school) who was diabetic and went into a . . . . class 3 or type 3 reaction? Something like that. Anyway, scared the bejeezus outta me, but I'm glad I was there to help him. IIRC, his blood sugar was somewhere around 8 or so.
That happened early on a Saturday evening. When he was finally coherent in the hospital, I had to bring him up to speed - he didn't remember anything since Friday night.

Spooky is right.
8's just about dead. And yeah, from Godzilla to absolutely normal in 10 minutes or so-and no memory of the occasion. My personal best is a 14. Think I'll leave the record stand........

8's just about dead. And yeah, from Godzilla to absolutely normal in 10 minutes or so-and no memory of the occasion. My personal best is a 14. Think I'll leave the record stand........
Yeah - like I said, while the situation scared the carp outta me, I'm glad I was there to help him. Needless to say, after that incident, he and I had a serious sit-down about taking care of one's self, education of other friends in case I wasn't around, and just a general bitch-slap upside his head for being so stupid. To my knowledge, he hasn't had a reaction like that ever since (~20 years now).

Nice to know that if you ever see your world as coming apart, there'll be a dozen bystanders filming it on their phones, but not offering a word of understanding.
My phone's just a phone. No video. I'll be the guy restraining you until the cops show up. At that point, professional help is needed.

I once scuffled with a guy who was beating on a female security guard outside a county fair. I landed a big right on his button, but he was apparently on PCP so his nap was only about four seconds long. He started crawling toward me, affording a nice kick-to-the-head opportunity. Right then, the security guard yells "No, Don't, that's my fiancee". I couldn't get out of there fast enough. Stupid bitch deserves her next beatdown. IMO.

Great, they all bolt for the door because they think the guy's going to lose it even worse, then as the police load him into the car one gal is saying "don't hurt him, don't hurt him!".

Personally, I think the world could use less presentations. :dribble:

Nice to know that if you ever see your world as coming apart, there'll be a dozen bystanders filming it on their phones, but not offering a word of understanding.
My phone's just a phone. No video. I'll be the guy restraining you until the cops show up. At that point, professional help is needed.

I once scuffled with a guy who was beating on a female security guard outside a county fair. I landed a big right on his button, but he was apparently on PCP so his nap was only about four seconds long. He started crawling toward me, affording a nice kick-to-the-head opportunity. Right then, the security guard yells "No, Don't, that's my fiancee". I couldn't get out of there fast enough. Stupid bitch deserves her next beatdown. IMO.
Camera phones suck...

My situation with a diabetic was a little different. I got a call about a drunk driver on a Saturday morning about 9:30 and was in good position. I followed the vehicle and made a good driving case and he pulled into a truck stop just as I was about to light him up. Only problem was things didn't feel right on this one. He had a bird dog in the cage in the pickup and was dressed for hunting. Now being a former quail hunter of low renown, and a hard drinker of lower renown, I can testify as to how hard it is to get drunk and quail hunt by 10am. Perhaps a multi-tasker can do it, but I was never able to. Besides, bird hunting is best in the morning, and drinking is not.

Other things did not click, even though he appeared to be a drunk on the verge of passing out. Just before lights out, I did a lot of questioning and I got him to inform me of what I suspected: he was diabetic. So I had the young trooper who had shown up to back me up get his butt to the truck stop store and get me a sugar drink ASAP while I called EMS and tried to keep the guy awake. He was almost lights out when I got the good stuff going down, and the EMTs hooked him up about 15 minutes later (we are out in the sticks) and he was good to go in another hour or so. I called his wife and had her come get him and bummed some water for the dog. Never did find out how the hunting was that morning.

I have friends and family who have to deal with that stuff, and I hope there are people around who want to do more than film and show on Youtube when they need help. It felt good to help somebody in need, as it was almost lights out for this guy, but the best part was when my partner, the young guy, said he would have never guessed, and just carted him off to the county jail. He was glad I was there to handle it.

It's great when a young pup has to admit the old dinosaur is still useful for something.

B)

I don't understand why that is funny. Why do we as a society find it funny to laugh at someone else's misfortune?

Sure the guy is acting inappropriately for the place he is in, but he is apparently at the end of his rope. Instead of laughing and pulling out the

cell phone video camera, and getting your video posted, maybe it would have been better to try to help the poor guy out.

I don't know, just my 2 cents. Which probably isn't worth that.

I didn't believe it, I think the fellow was producing this situation to get the video.

Over the years I learned to only be verbally violent with my computers.

For some reason the terms syphilitic and microencephalitic just seem to roll off my tongue, as well as the endless stream of the more common.

And this is just me getting my email, I go to a whole new increment when I have to write software on this abomination.

I have friends and family who have to deal with that stuff, and I hope there are people around who want to do more than film and show on Youtube when they need help. It felt good to help somebody in need, as it was almost lights out for this guy, but the best part was when my partner, the young guy, said he would have never guessed, and just carted him off to the county jail. He was glad I was there to handle it.
Exactly.

I don't think that video was real. The cops didn't talk to anyone. The car was mostly unmarked except for a blurred out logo on the door, and they didn't even bother to pick up the guys stuff or search him. Then the end of the video has a website for "Pclive" I think. I'm calling fake. If not, people in general are fucked up pussies, as this guy freaking out is really not funny, but we already knew that.