Double trouble

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dang Stef! Looks a little better than when I saw it in Hook's Shop!!

You and Luciano going to take it 2up back to Sitges for a test run?? :haha:

Give my regards and a well done on the Connie to the crew there.

...You and Luciano going to take it 2up back to Sitges for a test run?? :haha:
Not that we're so inclined in the least :rolleyes: , but a black C-14 would be the ultimate "chickenhawk" ride in Sitges, where it takes a crowbar to

separate the men from the boys. (Can I give you a ride home, you big thilly boy?)

Stef

Hey Stef,

Have pitty on a poor Alabama boy over here and ship me that bike. (I'll even cover the stamp :p )

5 months without the bike is killing me and the shop still can't tell me when it will be fixed. They (D&H) are too busy selling to fix a bike :angry:

Last edited by a moderator:
Filtro%20olio%20GTR.JPG

Lake Lugano in a sweltering early summer day after waaaay too much rain.

Well here it is, short'n'sweet...

I have to declare from the start I come from a much-farkled, razor-sharp FJR1300 that I couldn't be happier with. It has a custom-tuned PC-III, it's Wilberized up the wazoo, it's got awesome Pilot Power 2CT rubber and a higher ass-end.

What I rode today is a spanking-new, completely stock Connie 14 and I haven't even checked the suspension settings, the gas grip slack is excessive and I am not a professional tester, I'm pushing 57 and want to ride until I'm ..... Well, you fill that in.

* The C-14 is a well built, plush-looking bike with nice extra sh*t that you can also buy for other bikes if you really must, so lemme skip that altogether.

* From 1,100 RPM thru 3,500 or so there's no contest. The FJR will respond instantly (even brutally in some gears) and so long Connie. :blink:

At around 3,500 RPM the C-14 gets in a mock-V-Boost mode (any V-Maxxers out there?) and will catapult itself forward with all she's got (and that's a lot of ponies until you ease off on the gas or sh*t your pants, whichever comes first). This thing purrs along at 3,800 RPM in Overdrive barely keeping within the Euro-superslab limit of 130KPH. You give the throttle a twist and you're suddenly doing 200 and --- holeee sh*t --- there's still lots more to twist.

*In a nutshell, the FJR1300 owns the road up to 6K revs, the Connie rules thereafter. What you're gonna do with all them ponies is another film.

*A tuned FJR will zig-zag on a canyon road with surgical precision. A stock C-14 will take some handling and I am convinced will be beaten every time anyway.

*Brakes are good and dependable. The rear brake can be better modulated than the Yes/No FJR one.

*The stock screen is poorer than a 2003 FJR's

*The horn is a joke. I wear a Schuberth S1 lid (Yo, Reno John, thanks again) and I can't hear the darn thing at all. A Nautilus is in the cards...

*The C-14 is a refined tourer, a fighter-bomber that'll kick some hostile ass. The FJR1300 (when tweaked) is a scary F-16. Nuff said.

*I love them both. As a matter of fact, I love them all. So many bikes, so little time... :rolleyes:

...and of course YMMV ;)

Stef

*In a nutshell, the FJR1300 owns the road up to 6K revs, the Connie rules thereafter. What you're gonna do with all them ponies is another film.
Are you far enough ahead in a drag race that the 14 won't catch up or will she beat you in a long run?

Are you far enough ahead in a drag race that the 14 won't catch up or will she beat you in a long run?
A drag race is a quarter-mile, right?

Uh-unh...no dice, the Feejer wins. As a matter of fact I had this very experience when racing a friend on a C-14.

He was pretty upset and kept saying he had 10 HP on me, so I told him where he could put them... :rolleyes:

Stef

A drag race is a quarter-mile, right?

Uh-unh...no dice, the Feejer wins. As a matter of fact I had this very experience when racing a friend on a C-14.

He was pretty upset and kept saying he had 10 HP on me, so I told him where he could put them... :rolleyes:

Stef
Stef,

Diplomacy ... diplomacy :rolleyes: .

Bring it on over for your visit this summer ... FJRFencer will pay you 'way more than its worth.

Ciao Bello,

JW

*I love them both. As a matter of fact, I love them all. So many bikes, so little time...

I'm definitely with you on this one Stef. Enjoy them both, each one is the proper tool for the proper occasion...Just depends what mood you're in.

--G

I like the "new" C-14, what a differenc. Some kids get all the luck with two S-Tourers in the garage and good report Stef. Now for that ride report from the Itialian Alps. PM. <>< :good: