DryerTankbag

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

garywayne

Reaction score
Anyone useing Cortech's new Dryer tankbag? If so how do you like it? Does it touch the tank anywhere? Any pictures of it on the bike?

Thanks

Gary

Anyone useing Cortech's new Dryer tankbag? If so how do you like it? Does it touch the tank anywhere? Any pictures of it on the bike?

Thanks

Gary
Hey Gary, I have had mine since September and really like it. I'll try to get some pictures taken soon. The mounting system is sturdy and I find it easy to use. After a few times, you can snap the bag back onto the tank without have to fiddle with the alignment. You can adjust the position of the mounting ring a fair amount, so with a little fine tuning, there's no contact with the tank. Full lock can be a little tight, but has never been a problem for me. I also got the GPS mount for it and have used that on a couple of trips. Also works well. I have not had any long drenching rides, but have hit a few showers and everything stayed dry. I really love not having to hassle with a cover with the skies turn dark.

There's a removable divider inside the bag that helps to keep things organized. The flap on the bag has a water tight zipper on each side and a magnetic latch at the back. I really like this setup. When the weather is good and I plan on using the bag a lot on the road, I can leave it unzipped and the magnetic catch will keep it closed. If the weather turns bad, close each zipper and you are ready for rain. The map pocket that attaches to the top is not water tight.

If the bag were lost, I would buy the same one to replace it.

Good Luck!

Dave

Thanks

Gary
Hey Gary, I have had mine since September and really like it. I'll try to get some pictures taken soon. The mounting system is sturdy and I find it easy to use. After a few times, you can snap the bag back onto the tank without have to fiddle with the alignment. You can adjust the position of the mounting ring a fair amount, so with a little fine tuning, there's no contact with the tank. Full lock can be a little tight, but has never been a problem for me. I also got the GPS mount for it and have used that on a couple of trips. Also works well. I have not had any long drenching rides, but have hit a few showers and everything stayed dry. I really love not having to hassle with a cover with the skies turn dark.

There's a removable divider inside the bag that helps to keep things organized. The flap on the bag has a water tight zipper on each side and a magnetic latch at the back. I really like this setup. When the weather is good and I plan on using the bag a lot on the road, I can leave it unzipped and the magnetic catch will keep it closed. If the weather turns bad, close each zipper and you are ready for rain. The map pocket that attaches to the top is not water tight.

If the bag were lost, I would buy the same one to replace it.

Good Luck!

Dave
Thanks Dave, that's what I was wanting to hear.

Gary