E-Tint

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

luvtoride

My Indian name is "Pants On Fire"
Reaction score
This looks like it'd be a really interesting & advantageous product for us riders if it were waterproof. & I am guessing that it's not by looking at the literature. I didn't see any mention of waterproofness.

clicketh hereth to see E-tint

Heidi, I was checking them out at the bike show..pretty cool idea...wish I had the money to throw down for every cool thing I've seen.

wish I had the money to throw down for every cool thing I've seen.
Durn tootin. It's not even safe for me to walk into a Cycle Gear... almost as bad a the Craftsman tools department.

Anyway, the instructions say: "Do not immerse the visor or electronics in liquids as this may impact the function of the visor."

You'd think motorcycle gear would be designed to withstand the elements, but then I thought that about my expensive Scorpio motorcycle alarm too, and I was wrong!

Anyway, the instructions say: "Do not immerse the visor or electronics in liquids as this may impact the function of the visor."
Isn't that the most ridiculous thing? I expect that if it starts to rain, you are expected to stop riding. :blink:

This looks like it'd be a really interesting & advantageous product for us riders if it were waterproof. & I am guessing that it's not by looking at the literature. I didn't see any mention of waterproofness.

clicketh hereth to see E-tint

I like the idea of getting the automatic, and then just putting the pack on the inside of the visor than the outside. Should take care of most of the water issues.

Ok, after making my smart assed remark I actually checked out the website and watched the install video. Yes, it mounts on the INSIDE of the lens. It look pretty damned handy. Also, it says "don't submerge". There's a big difference with getting rained on and getting submerged. My Nikon camera can get rained on and be fine, if it gets submerged I'm gonna need therapy to get over the loss.

The reason I wear a modular is so I can have a clear or smoked visor without stopping to put on glasses. This is great for riding in the mountains when I enter those shady stretches or tunnels. The noise of my modular (Nolan N102) sucks ass though and I'd MUCH rather be wearing a single piece Shoei or Arai (stronger construction and quieter) but they don't have little flippy visor thingies...THIS just might be my new option. If I get one (good chance) I'll post up a review. It'll be a few weeks more than likely so bear with me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Also, it says "don't submerge". There's a big difference with getting rained on and getting submerged.
Ha! I guess you've never been caught out in a real Florida rainstorm, the kind that soaks you down to your socks and underwear in 20 minutes... the kind that killed the remote on my Scorpio alarm, and has killed one or two watches. One minute it's bright and sunny, the next, you're hearing frogs and fish land on your helmet, and the road is literally ankle-deep... It taught me to learn the URL of the local NOAA weather radar page, and to keep a little ziplock baggie available for my cellphone. On the other hand, I no longer need to take baths...

Also, it says "don't submerge". There's a big difference with getting rained on and getting submerged.
Ha! I guess you've never been caught out in a real Florida rainstorm, the kind that soaks you down to your socks and underwear in 20 minutes... the kind that killed the remote on my Scorpio alarm, and has killed one or two watches. One minute it's bright and sunny, the next, you're hearing frogs and fish land on your helmet, and the road is literally ankle-deep... It taught me to learn the URL of the local NOAA weather radar page, and to keep a little ziplock baggie available for my cellphone. On the other hand, I no longer need to take baths...
First off, buy a better watch and quit riding in your socks and underwear. I know it's fun and the draft is freakin' amazing, but think ATGATT!!!

Second, if it's raining fish and frogs, time to move...no questions asked!

As far as the deep water on the roadway you can always set up a pair of pontoons on your bike like I have on mine. I use them for quiet days at the lake, detourning around detours, some of these New Mexico Roads, etc.
IMG_0032.jpg

Back to the E-Tint thingy, I'm working on getting a helmet and visor now...will probably be a couple weeks, but I'll try it out (who knows, maybe wearing socks and underwear w/ helmet in the shower) and get a thread going on it. And thankfuly, here in New Mexico, I don't anticipate it raining fish and frogs!

First off, buy a better watch and quit riding in your socks and underwear. I know it's fun and the draft is freakin' amazing, but think ATGATT!!!
At least nobody complains when my rear-end leaves a skid mark...