E15 / Unleaded 88 in 2008 FJR1300

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok, since we are wandering off topic a bit here:

An interesting study published on ieecars.com looked at the cost of various vehicles based on purchase price and reliability to rank them by cost of ownership per mile for the remaining estimated lifespan. While foreign marks did tend to dominate the lists, the number one pick was a 10 year old Chevy Impala. The Ford Fusion, Dodge Grand Caravan and Ford Expedition all made the cut as well. Even the Suburban ranked well when looking at SUVs.

In the truck-specific category, while the Honda Ridgeline led the pack, both the Chevy Colorado and Chevy Silverado ranked reasonably well, scoring above the average.

Personally, I have a 2006 Chevy Impala and a 2004 Chevy Avalanche (kind of a cross between the Suburban and Silverado). I've found them to be reliable if the maintenance is kept up; parts are plentiful and comparatively cheap, with both OEM and aftermarket options for darn near anything. And they are generally not too difficult to wrench on, with a minimum of special tools required.
Wow..... We have very very different experiences. I definitely hope your vehicles are always reliable. But if you asked me to name the like 5 least reliable vehicles, I'd name each of those vehicles. Except maybe the expedition

Maybe they just get treated like shit? I know an 08 impala that had to have more work put into it than the entire car was worth. I almost bought a Colorado, but it was a pile.

Anecdotally, I used to work at a shop. I fully 100% believe if everyone drove Japanese autos, we wouldn't have been in business lol. Vast majority was Chevys and Fords. Not many Dodges.