EOM '11

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
dagonnit! This is the same week as my 25 year HS reunion......decisions, decisions.

The good news is Corbin is just 60 some miles down the road from my house...woo hoo
Nobody I went to HS with rides an FJR. A few ride Harleys, and they think I'm nuts.

I'd much rather hang out with other FJR nuts, than anyone in my HS class!

Yeah, I've been to a few HS reunions...real snoozers for sure.

Come to the real party...I'd rather hang out with these FJR nutters as well. :lol:

I had plan on riding up Thursday after work but I was informed today I will be in Nashville TN that week.

I have never been so my question is if I leave at 5:00 on friday from Nashville and ride over I really will only

Have one day at the EOM. So the question is is it worth showing up late Friday and just have one day

to ride worth coming to the EOM? I wanted the whole weekend:(

Ahh... Crap. :(

As much as i hate it, I have to put this trip on hold.

Plans with my brothers the week prior to EOM will make this nearly impossible.

Could not find the right trailer...

Money is tight.

Sorry Duke. :(

Maybe a miracle will happen financially by then. lol

Just made my reservations. This will be my second EOM....Can't wait!!!! :yahoo:

Awesome roads to ride. Looks like alot of fun, unfortunately I have to decide between nephew's wedding, Georgia football, wife's HS class reunion and my fraternity reunion. I cn boil it down to two choices: football or FJR nuts, but my social conscious(my wife) may steer in another direction.

I just happened to be at Cumberland Falls State Park today! The park is beautiful, the grounds are really nice. I did did a bit of hiking, which lead me out to base of another waterfall for a nice swim.

I've ridden all over KY, and there are some fine roads down there, not to mention the first KFC ever opened (Sander's Cafe), is in Corbin, as if the roads and beautiful scenery were not enough!

I gotta go make my reservation for this! I wasn't on my bike today, and found myself leaning a bit in my car around the corners while making motorcycle noises....

Last edited by a moderator:
Keith! Where ya' been buddy? Long time no hear... & I see you joined the gen 2 elite crew (in their own minds, that is). Do you plan to keep this one in a single piece? Email or call, ok?

Hi all! I'm just coming back down to earth and realize I can make it to this years EMO...exciting! :yahoo: My wife and I have been in Thailand for the last six months, so I am just catching up. It looks like registration hasn't started...is this correct? I'm not to late to get in on it? We also missed everything last year. We and the FJR were in Europe embarrassing the locals through the Alps and Dolomites! I just got the bike back recently and now in the process of getting it ready for more adventure! :D The poor thing has been beat to hell and I lost 4th gear in Tuscany and second pops out if pushed. I had to do without two gears for the last couple thousand miles, but it made it to the end! :dribble: Anyway it's home and getting a low mileage motor from Ebay installed alone with complete going over, fork rebuild, brakes suspension, fluids, etc. It should be running in about a week. Plenty of time for EMO. Sounds like a great location. I like to camp. I'll be making reservations. Should be a fun time. :D

Hi all! I'm just coming back down to earth and realize I can make it to this years EMO...exciting! :yahoo: My wife and I have been in Thailand for the last six months, so I am just catching up. It looks like registration hasn't started...is this correct? I'm not to late to get in on it? We also missed everything last year. We and the FJR were in Europe embarrassing the locals through the Alps and Dolomites! I just got the bike back recently and now in the process of getting it ready for more adventure! :D The poor thing has been beat to hell and I lost 4th gear in Tuscany and second pops out if pushed. I had to do without two gears for the last couple thousand miles, but it made it to the end! :dribble: Anyway it's home and getting a low mileage motor from Ebay installed alone with complete going over, fork rebuild, brakes suspension, fluids, etc. It should be running in about a week. Plenty of time for EMO. Sounds like a great location. I like to camp. I'll be making reservations. Should be a fun time. :D
I have been wondering what happened to you. I was afraid you just wandered over to the hondapotamus forum or something. :p

Sounds like you have been having some very cool adventures since you retired. :)

Looking forward to see your battle hardened FJR! No registration yet, but you should reserve a room or camping spot. I have a feeling this is going to be a very popular EOM.

Good to hear from you guys! :drinks: I just made a reservation at the campground today. :) I got the new motor in a few days ago. I m waiting on a fork seal to arrive so I can put the front end back together. Once that's done I can finish putting the rest together and see how she runs. The bike will show it's age and mileage in appearance, but should run like new. :exhappysmiley: I think the wife is staying home for this one, so I should have plenty of room for gear without pulling the trailer behind. Can't wait for the fun! :yahoo:

Just a heads up. I called yesterday to reserve a room at the lodge. They did not have a room for the four nights I wanted "21-24".

I got a woodland room for the 21st and had to make a 2nd reservation for the 22,23,24 at the lodge.

Just a heads up. I called yesterday to reserve a room at the lodge. They did not have a room for the four nights I wanted "21-24".

I got a woodland room for the 21st and had to make a 2nd reservation for the 22,23,24 at the lodge.
I moved my check-in day to the 22nd and added a day to my stay. No problem now all days same room.

EOM 2011 Website and Registration is open: FJREOM

Here we go. We’re just about 50 days away from good times with great people while enjoying some of the best roads the east coast has to offer. All pertinent information is listed on the website, and registration is open for business.

We’ve done our best to keep the cost reasonable. Rally fee covers a cookout dinner on Friday night, EOM Banquet dinner Saturday night, one long sleeve rally shirt, and souvenir name tag. Lodging reservations are your responsibility.

Please note that the rooms blocked for our event are scheduled to be released on 22 August. After that date, all remaining rooms are fair game for the Park’s front desk. The park is 95% booked for rooms outside of our room block right now for the weekend of EOM. Please don’t hesitate, call and make a reservation; their cancellation policy is 7 days in advance.

Let’s Ride!

Wayne