EOM 2012

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks much Wayne... I PM'd

I plan to take a 5-day bike trip in early May and would love to capitalize on those routes....

I didn't realize how good I had it before I retired last year - 30 days a year from day one. Now, starting over, I've got 10. Or rather, will have ten to earn once I'm out of the probationary period...

There are other members who are blessed with an unreasonable excessive amount of vacation days (cough - bikergeek - cough) that arrive early, stay later, and travel to other exotic locals.
And your point is.... ???
No doubt. 30 days of leave was pretty awesome...

Yes.... 30 days of leave 'is' awesome... ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Groups usually are formed through the parking lot social - find someone interested in going the same general direction and go from there.

We'll talk about this more as the time approaches, but the most important thing to remember is to ride your own ride. There will always be someone slower, and someone faster, and the only thing that matters is that everyone makes it home in one piece...

And don't listen to Wheaton - he exaggerates everything...

If the rider groups going out over the weekend are categorized by 'aggressiveness' then I plan to join the spirited group :) I like the sportier face of my sport-touring FJR :)

If the rider groups going out over the weekend are categorized by 'aggressiveness' then I plan to join the spirited group :) I like the sportier face of my sport-touring FJR :)
"Spirited" is relative...it all depends on who yer talkin to...I'm sure that you will be able to find a group that is "spirited" enough for ya...just sayin ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
We'll talk about this more as the time approaches, but the most important thing to remember is to ride your own ride. There will always be someone slower, and someone faster, and the only thing that matters is that everyone makes it home in one piece...
Amen.
Case in point: At the first campout, Wheatness, Griff, Moosehead, Huron and FJRRob found ourselves on some *KICKASS* roads in the TN high country. I'm not sure who was leading, probably Moosehead, then Griff I think, then Wheatness, then me followed by FJRRob and Huron. The 3 lead guys were running at a pace. I'd never been down this road before, and I trust these guys not to turn off anywhere without waiting. So I let them run on up ahead.

I could've kept up, but an unknown road, a 1000 miles from home, in a different country is not the time to let my inner hoon loose.

No big whoop. It's expected. Ride your own ride dammit!

Amen.
Case in point: At the first campout, Wheatness, Griff, Moosehead, Huron and FJRRob found ourselves on some *KICKASS* roads in the TN high country. I'm not sure who was leading, probably Moosehead, then Griff I think, then Wheatness, then me followed by FJRRob and Huron. The 3 lead guys were running at a pace. I'd never been down this road before, and I trust these guys not to turn off anywhere without waiting. So I let them run on up ahead.

I could've kept up, but an unknown road, a 1000 miles from home, in a different country is not the time to let my inner hoon loose.

roger that....I always ride according to what Clint Eastwood once shared when he said "A man's got to know his limitations". I am not interested in knee scraping, or bike scraping for that matter. On the other end of the spectrum though, I went on a bike trip a year or two ago, and we had that 'one guy' who consistenly rode 10mph less than posted limit....ugh....long week- it was....

quite honestly, any time, and any reasonable speed on those roads out in NC/TN is time well spent!!!

Amen.

roger that....I always ride according to what Clint Eastwood once shared when he said "A man's got to know his limitations". I am not interested in knee scraping, or bike scraping for that matter. On the other end of the spectrum though, I went on a bike trip a year or two ago, and we had that 'one guy' who consistenly rode 10mph less than posted limit....ugh....long week- it was....

quite honestly, any time, and any reasonable speed on those roads out in NC/TN is time well spent!!!
the older I get, the faster I was !!!

I've been to a number of these, and no group is close to being like my dedicated, but motley Harley Trailer queens on trips. I'll usually lead one of the rides(Fri), and jpin up with another as follower Sat. I also rather not be in a group of more than six.