EOM 2012

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Less than 24 hours for me. I'm sitting here waiting for the UPS man, I had a last minute GPS failure so the new one is sitting in a truck down the street. I'm sitting here on the internet instead of prepping for the trip. I'm thinking about going riding.

Got the routes loaded on the GPS last night. Think I'm gonna have to do it again, though - it was time for a map upgrade. No biggie, but my Zumo has been really acting weird lately. Hopefully it'll at least last the trip.

Had the FJR oot and aboot during lunch running errands and was thinking aboot the crew already down there / on their way.

You guys suck.

:rolleyes:

Save me a beer and see you tomorrow.

Hope everyone has an AWESOME EOM! :yahoo: At some point My wife will quit her job at the school :angry: (ya right) so we can get to this party! Enjoy and be safe Bluejag's

Got the erl & final drive lube changed tonight, got the GPS cradle from the Harley swapped over (Garmin's Zumo 550 cradles suck donkey balls) and - heck, I even cleaned my windshield.

Now to grab something to eat and get packed.

We'll be on the road in the cool morning.

Wait, was there a tech day in Columbus today?? who did all that work on your bike? Yamafitter is in the states right now isn't he. See you guys tomorrow.

Got the erl & final drive lube changed tonight, got the GPS cradle from the Harley swapped over (Garmin's Zumo 550 cradles suck donkey balls) and - heck, I even cleaned my windshield.

Got the routes loaded on the GPS last night. Think I'm gonna have to do it again, though - it was time for a map upgrade. No biggie, but my Zumo has been really acting weird lately. Hopefully it'll at least last the trip.
Interesting, my Nuvi 500 finally gave up the ghost the other night. Fortunately UPS delivered her replacement today...spent the evening updating maps, installing the routes, etc. Should be ready to go now.

Leaving as early as we can in the morning.

Eating breakfast at the EOM hotel :D

In a few minutes I'll suit up and ride to Murphy to chase GeorgiaRoller back over here. The scenic way, of course.

yes, the roads here (Robbinsville, NC) were a mess this afternoon when I ventured out as well. NC-28 was damp and covered with leaves in spots. I ran across Deals Gap and it was the same. tip-toe-tip-toe. Clear weather on the way, so that's a plus.

Ride Safe everyone and I'll see you in Hendersonville.

Wayne
Same farther north too in VA, WV. In addition there was a rock the size of half a concrete block on 16 between Tazwell and Marion today
John, thanks for clearing that rock..... we came down late afternoon and it was nowhere to be seen. What a stretch of road!! Haven't worked that hard for a long time!!

Here's a brief description of my EOM 500 ride today.

dark. cold. deer. squirrels. crap in the road. still dark. sun's up. curvy road. curvy road. cold. curvy road. curvy road. gas, pee, ride more curvy roads. deer. curvy road. curvy road. should have stopped for gas. more curvy roads. almost out of gas. curvy road. GPS shuts off. twice. find gas station, fill up. curvy road. curvy road. hotel.

I realized today that this was Lee's twisted way of rubbing the fact in my face that he can ride any of these roads separately anytime he wants...

I Slayed the Dragon... Check

My Betsy got me to the Highest Point of Blue Ridge Pkwy... Check

Shaved Off All of the Florida Flat Spots on my Tires!!! Priceless!! :yahoo:

Snake was very cool. Got my sticker. Did 385 miles of the EOM 500. Bob did a great job leading.
+1 I dare say that Friday's ride was one of the best I've ever experienced....just awesome awesome roads (143 143 143, lol). Thanks Bob for leading us around....and Lee for the route!

Yes, thank you.

Right click on the picture and choose "copy image location" (in firefox).
Steps to use the graphic in your signature line:

If there's a simpler way, please enlighten us.

1 - right click on graphic in extrememarine's signature line.

2- select "save as" or "save image as"

3 - save the image to your PC

4- upload the image to a file hosting service (photobucket, flickr, etc)

5-Go to your "my profile" on fjrforum.com

6-select "change signature"

7-insert link to image in edit signature box

8-click "save changes"