EOM 2012

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That is probably what shook my GPS loose to cause me to lose it on the highway!! :eek:
Really? I thought you probably did it on purpose so that Janet wouldn't get upset when you finally bought another unit that was worth a shit.

& I suppose we should get back on topic, eh?

Last edited by a moderator:
That is probably what shook my GPS loose to cause me to lose it on the highway!! :eek:
Really? I thought you probably did it on purpose so that Janet wouldn't get upset when you finally bought another unit that was worth a shit.

& I suppose we should get back on topic, eh?
How is this? I will be bringing my new GPS to EOM for all to admire!

actually there was pavement... it was just under gravel.
That pavement looked an awfull lot like rocks sticking up out of the ground to me. Especially near the top! :p
Whatever you say, Bob.
Wait a sec....I seem to remember your GPS abandoning you on our way down to that turn off that led to the goat trail. :assassin: :D

Good day folks,

I am on my 2nd FJR (had a 2005, then a couple other tweener bikes, now am back to my roots with a 2011 FJR). I fully plan to join you out in Hendersonville. I am coming from the Virginia Beach area, and look forward to more details coming here and on the FJR EOM website....

my hotel room is reserved :)

Well, much has changed since this post....I regrettably will not make this EOM trip... Turns out that I will be permanently relocating from Virginia to the Florida Keys that week...tough location, but someone has to do it! ;-D....

Y'all enjoy the trip, and here is a wish that everyone safely returns home from the EOM...

actually there was pavement... it was just under gravel.
That pavement looked an awfull lot like rocks sticking up out of the ground to me. Especially near the top! :p
Whatever you say, Bob.
Wait a sec....I seem to remember your GPS abandoning you on our way down to that turn off that led to the goat trail. :assassin: :D
shhh! I am messing with Heidi!

Good day folks,

I am on my 2nd FJR (had a 2005, then a couple other tweener bikes, now am back to my roots with a 2011 FJR). I fully plan to join you out in Hendersonville. I am coming from the Virginia Beach area, and look forward to more details coming here and on the FJR EOM website....

Well, much has changed since this post....I regrettably will not make this EOM trip... Turns out that I will be permanently relocating from Virginia to the Florida Keys that week...tough location, but someone has to do it! ;-D....

Y'all enjoy the trip, and here is a wish that everyone safely returns home from the EOM...
No more twisties for you... well, as long as you don't count the on and off ramps...

Good day folks,

No more twisties for you... well, as long as you don't count the on and off ramps...
Sorry to hear Catch. You take it easy, k? & good luck with the relocation.

Good day folks,

Sorry to hear Catch. You take it easy, k? & good luck with the relocation.
Thanks much! I have been stationed in the Florida Keys twice in my career, and both times had motorcycles... Driving up and down US-1 is fun ... The first half a dozen times...then it is boring....shoot...it would take me at least 12 hours to leave the State to find any kind of twisty roads...maybe I can make twisties by dodging alligators crossing the roads ;)

I actually have my 2011 FJR up for grabs on the for sale pages... No need have a Super Sport Touring bike for commuting....

P.s. sorry to make comments unrelated to the EOM...

Well, bummer you won't make it. (there, it's related to EOM).

My last PCS for the Marines put me in Michigan from SC. It was a mixed bag - put us an hour from both our families, but put me 6+ hrs from anything twisty. I thought I was going to I-I Staff Knoxville, which is the reserve staff who's HQ is right on US129. I was stoked, then the monitor says, well, I need you in Michigan - oh, look, you're from there... Had to buy a car, ended up selling one bike, and here we are...

But you go where they send you, played that game for 20 - Thank you for your service and sacrifices - Semper Fidelis.

Wayne

Thanks much! I have been stationed in the Florida Keys twice in my career, and both times had motorcycles... Driving up and down US-1 is fun ... The first half a dozen times...then it is boring....shoot...it would take me at least 12 hours to leave the State to find any kind of twisty roads...maybe I can make twisties by dodging alligators crossing the roads ;)

I actually have my 2011 FJR up for grabs on the for sale pages... No need have a Super Sport Touring bike for commuting....

Well, bummer you won't make it. (there, it's related to EOM).

My last PCS for the Marines put me in Michigan from SC. It was a mixed bag - put us an hour from both our families, but put me 6+ hrs from anything twisty. I thought I was going to I-I Staff Knoxville, which is the reserve staff who's HQ is right on US129. I was stoked, then the monitor says, well, I need you in Michigan - oh, look, you're from there... Had to buy a car, ended up selling one bike, and here we are...

But you go where they send you, played that game for 20 - Thank you for your service and sacrifices - Semper Fidelis.

Wayne

Thanks much Wayne....like it was for you, so it has been for me...an honor to serve my fellow countrymen....be safe my friend...

Route preview & information has been posted to FJREOM.com. Go take a peak - the gpx files have been posted to the google docs folder as well. We all owe a big thanks to Jeff & Lee for hammering out these routes, and Heidi for her contribution of the waterfall ride.

So now the decision to be made is which ones to ride. Or, venture out with only a destination in mind - you really can't go wrong...

www.fjreom.com

Wayne

Route preview & information has been posted to FJREOM.com. Go take a peak - the gpx files have been posted to the google docs folder as well. We all owe a big thanks to Jeff & Lee for hammering out these routes, and Heidi for her contribution of the waterfall ride.

So now the decision to be made is which ones to ride. Or, venture out with only a destination in mind - you really can't go wrong...

www.fjreom.com
:clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

Ya'll put together 7 excellent routes. If your not familiar with this area just pick anyone of these routes and enjoy.

Terrific job EOM route mapping team! :yahoo:

I agree...looks like A LOT of work was done on routing! WOW.

Routes locked and loaded...just waiting for the "launch phase" of this mission. :yahoo:

It's almost cruel and inhuman, isn't it? Knowing that we're there for a handful of days, and that each day you'll have to choose one one of them.

I agree...looks like A LOT of work was done on routing! WOW.

Routes locked and loaded...just waiting for the "launch phase" of this mission. :yahoo: