EOM 2015 - Lewisburg, WV - 25-27 September 2015

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
About 15 miles from town on Hwy 60 they had the road closed because of a downed powerline. The poor girl standing the in rain tried to give us the 'simple' directions.
"Go back to Rainelle, and turn left at the CVS follow that for about 4 miles until you see the brown spotted cow. Not the solid brown one...."

Good thing everybody in front of us lived in the area and we just followed them down a single lane mountain road with oncoming traffic being detoured from the other direction, at night, in the rain, towing a trailer. What fun!
Unfortunately, while on my way back from having pie at Rella's,

Rellas%20Graham%20Cracker%20Pie%202_zpsoqx395nk.jpg

I got the Fireman standing in the rain at 6:15 PM. I was 3 miles into my reserve when he said to follow Route 20 South to Meadow Bridge to access I-64 to Lewisburg. I had no idea how far that was and my GPS kept trying to get me to make a u-turn and go back to the fireman. So it was no help.

Turns out it was 29 miles to Meadow Bridge plus 26 miles on I-64 to Lewisburg. That turned a 15 minute ride into an hour & a half of rainy riding. Good thing that I was getting good mileage in the rain.

Last edited by a moderator:
The KxxGT is a nice bike, but doesn't carry its weight as well as the FJR. Plus, the ESA shocks go t*ts up easily by 22-25K, if that long. At that point, it's a truck. Or a wheelbarrow. Replacing the shocks is bad expensive.

Not to go too far OT or nuthin.

No moon shots?? This gathering was staged!!

"No damned way you can have 45 thousand bikers in a restroom without somebody showin there ass."

Here you go Barry, KJ - TopSpeed1 told me to send this pic to Bustanut joker! JSNS, this fuck you is for you!

P1010181.jpg

Del Sol Cantina in downtown historic Lewisburg was the lunch spot for Friday's car caravan crowed, two SUV's and the Stanley BMW M3 automobile.

Good Mexican food and thousands of laughs, spent over two hours eating and drinking! Funny stories from everyone, I Love these FJR Riders folks!

P1010158.jpg

P1010162.jpg

P1010164.jpg

P1010157.jpg

P1010161.jpg

P1010160.jpg

As we were all gathering together for the group photo one of the 'other group of bikers' looked at us all and commented to his friend, "I didn't know that Yamaha sold that many FJRs". :lol:

No moon shots?? This gathering was staged!!

No damned way you can have 45 thousand bikers in a restroom without somebody showin there ass.
There were plenty of mooning shots, but you'll never see them!

Bust: Ask 'Zilla nicely and he will let you view the bare butt pictures, I did send them to AJ! JSNS, Cheeky!

Here you go Barry, 30 seconds later our Herr Petey was showing off both of his "Kuchen"! JSNS, Wunderbahr!

P1010154.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Did anyone check out the K13 GT just a few doors up? Too bad they discontinued it.
Most popular bike in AZ Beemers Club, 2nd only to the BMW GS. Our Canadian AZB Member "Dashbaw" owns one, lives on Vancouver Island, eh!
... that would of been Stan-lee 'Steamers' machine :)

Here the pudfawker is ordering up his Months worth of brews at our brewery tour (Fri. afternoon)... fun times!!!

20150925_165138_zpsv7mc5r1y.jpg

Needless to say, I didn't make it. Long story, but I bailed due to rain. Went to go to Blue Ridge Motorcycle Camp...but I got rained out too. 8 hours of rain-riding on Saturday was no fun. Next time! Hope all had a grand time. Sorry to hear about Steve.

Needless to say, I didn't make it. Long story, but I bailed due to rain. Went to go to Blue Ridge Motorcycle Camp...but I got rained out too. 8 hours of rain-riding on Saturday was no fun. Next time! Hope all had a grand time. Sorry to hear about Steve.
That's to bad...we found some dry riding both Friday and Saturday...while everyone else stayed at the hotel

That's to bad...we found some dry riding both Friday and Saturday...while everyone else stayed at the hotel
Not everyone stayed at the hotel! We rode, almost all dry, 350 miles going north on Friday and 260 miles going south on Saturday.