EOM 2015 - Lewisburg, WV - 25-27 September 2015

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Marie and I had a great time, especially meeting all of the fine folks of the forum. Marie said to me "We've got to do this next year!". One of the most humbling events, was to hear first hand of Jordan's Initiative. It really was a very moving moment for Marie and I. I feel proud to have contributed to it, by bidding on the '13 Yamaha banner (sorry FYB). This is a most worthy cause.
Everyone we met was just the best kind of people, and I mean that with the utmost sincerity. We both look forward to next year's!
I am not surprised. You both seemed so cheerful that it was obvious you were having a great time.
thumbsup.gif
It was great to meet you.

Somebody washed their bike!!
Friggin' Vic!
Yep! I washed, waxed and detailed it. It's all pretty and shiny now. It's All my fault.
biggrin.png
Hey Vic, I've got a new sticker for ya.
Outstanding! I'll take it.
biggrin.png

I was just wondering what sticker Vic should get since he caused a sunny forecast to turn into an epic fog and rain fest?

We should never forget the power of the jinx.

Last edited by a moderator:
Heyyyyy! Let's do the math, Shall We? I've cleaned, washed and detailed my bike for the last 4 EOMs. They've all been dry except this one. I'm thinking it's the fault of the new kids that came to play. Same thing happened to me at SFO09. I was the new kid and we all damn near needed snorkel gear to survive that trip. I'd like to nominate the two new kids.....

Cough.... Cough.... Rob & Marie! Cough....

Oh, and by the way, Joe. I thought I was getting the FYYFF sticker. You owe me now! :D

Don't take that fictitious blame Vic, I washed mine too. I think the tropical storm was up and running before your cleaning supplies came out. Geek said he hasn't washed his since August of 2012 or something crazy like that. Maybe the storm was trying to tell him something. Plus all the kool kids rode north to the dry pavement on Friday, Saturday, and even Sunday!! Haters all of they I say!!

I like the way you think, Cav. You hit it on the head. The Geek hasn't washed it since Aug of 2012? That's it! That's what happened. He and I are friends on Facebook. I'll know the next time his birthday comes around. I'll send him a picnic basket full of cleaning supplies and a Stomboli. He seems to be a fan. :)

Not that damp, RaY. Henderson and twice in Maggie Valley were awesome. We had one Saturday in Maggie Valley that was raining all day. That's the day the Wheels Through Time Museum made out like a bandit. It was a win-win situation. I remember it well. :)

What's with all the whining about the rain? I had a great ride down, rode Friday and Saturday, and had a mostly dry ride home. It was another great and memorable EOM.

Heyyyyy! Let's do the math, Shall We? I've cleaned, washed and detailed my bike for the last 4 EOMs. They've all been dry except this one. I'm thinking it's the fault of the new kids that came to play. Same thing happened to me at SFO09. I was the new kid and we all damn near needed snorkel gear to survive that trip. I'd like to nominate the two new kids.....Cough.... Cough.... Rob & Marie! Cough....

Oh, and by the way, Joe. I thought I was getting the FYYFF sticker. You owe me now! :D
You may be right Vic. 11 days on the road, and it rained every day, like it was following us. 👀 However, washing and waxing would have been fine, but detailing? I can picture you with a cotton swab, going over every nook and cranny, which I think is excessive and just begs the Rain Gods to react in biblical proportions.
Either way, it didn't stop us from having the best anniversary ever!

I rode each day and missed the distillery and brewery events. A good time was had, however I did want Vic to get the recognition he was clearly asking for. Perhaps a special award at next year's EOM if Magicmaker can avoid detailing his bike again. I want him to show up on a muddy pig of a bike like mine was at the end of EOM 2015.

I rode each day and missed the distillery and brewery events. A good time was had, however I did want Vic to get the recognition he was clearly asking for. Perhaps a special award at next year's EOM if Magicmaker can avoid detailing his bike again. I want him to show up on a muddy pig of a bike like mine was at the end of EOM 2015.
I just want to know why he didn't receive the doucheAward this year?!

My bike was plenty muddy when I got home....Shoulda taken a picture of it. Maybe next time.
My bike was plenty clean when I left home...Shoulda taken a picture of it. Maybe next time, it will probably be clean again mid '16 for CFR.

I just want to know why he didn't receive the doucheAward this year?!
Hey! That's my award, thank you. :)

Anyways, just don't follow behind Vic in formation, his jingle-jangles dangling from his bike will get you hypnotized....

or, maybe it was the Distillery and Brewery tours the day before. hmmm.

What's with all the whining about the rain? I had a great ride down, rode Friday and Saturday, and had a mostly dry ride home. It was another great and memorable EOM.

This photo is posted with the kind permission of clocklaw: Gerald V. posted this over at FJRiders and it absolutely must be shared with the FJR Forumites:

My first attempt......

259af7fdb9826dbf4d2b2c6ddeee79b5.jpg

Many thanks for my new screensaver Gerald, it replaced the photo of Bustanut joker showing his bare ass to the FJR Crowd at CFR in Quebec CA eh!

Now when Miss Donna gets pissed at me for fucking up, I lift the lid on my Apple MacBook and say: "But Honey, I'm not as messed up as El Toro Joe"!

How well do you really remember it Joe?

Now that right there was someone having way too much fun...and payed for it the whole next day. But at least I still rode.

At least I still drank!, and, a lot at that!

Oh those Bourbons were saaweet!, especially that 7yr!

Mucho-thanks to Mr Stanley for buying all those rounds~!
smile.png
...priceless!
wink.png