EOM 2015 - Lewisburg, WV - 25-27 September 2015

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gen 1 left me stranded exactly one time, and it wasn't even it's fault. Aftermarket stator failure.

So...it's been golden.

edit: That being said, I'm on the Gen 3 now.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm gonna have good tires.

fuck.gif
Bawhaha.

I saw your tires at eom. Tread was not an option.

I'm gonna have good tires. :fuck:
Bawhaha.I saw your tires at eom. Tread was not an option.
It's gotta be torture for Mark to live down there...lots of great roads, that he can ride almost all year. And he was through his tire allotment by September. Hope santa brought you some new tires Mark.

FYI, received an email from competition Accessories and they have some great pricing on tires right now.

Dave

I am booked!!! The hotel here may be a PIA for the organizers but the layout with restaurants and gas next door plus a huge parking lot and great roads make this my favorite EOM destination. Come on September...

This will be the first time for me. Guessing from other reviews I can't wait to get there also. I am adding extra days to my vacation time and will hopefully get some preruns in.

Dave

Syd and I are having a very good conversation about things for September - I'm looking forward to meeting him in person. This is a win-win for everyone.

A concern from 'someone' on our side of the fence was getting caught up behind a MSTA parade. I don't know anything about the pace their groups typically ride. I do know our groups can span a pretty wide spectrum pace wise. There are two solutions - one, get up and get on the road before other groups go (shocker, I know) or be patient and I think we will find these other groups to be as courteous on the road as we tend to be. This is a two way street; if I see a group closing in, the right thing to do is check up and let them make a clean pass. This seems to be a forgotten theme to many out there today; I watched a fella on a C14 almost explore cow pastures last spring in SE Ohio because he was set on not letting us past.

I also shared with Syd that the last time the meet was in Lewisburg, it wasn't a good time for me. I know I need to let it go, but it's crept back into my head as the discussion to return to WV has progressed.

I'm looking forward to September...

Wayne

Thanks Wayne for making this shout-out! And, maybe after meeting us they will at least think we're nice A-holes.
There are quite a few guys and gals in the MSTA group that are smooth and fast :)

Booked a room!

This will be the first time for me. Guessing from other reviews I can't wait to get there also. I am adding extra days to my vacation time and will hopefully get some preruns in.
Dave
Look at rt 219 and 220 for the run down from PA.

If you've never been to Greenbrier this is worth the trip.

https://www.greenbrier.com/Activities/The-Bunker.aspx
219 south of PA is good, and actually not bad through PA, but the PA section seems to take for ever. Lots of small towns. 219 in WV gets two thumbs up! I've done it a bunch of times.

219 south of PA is good, and actually not bad through PA, but the PA section seems to take for ever. Lots of small towns. 219 in WV gets two thumbs up! I've done it a bunch of times.
Yep...my experience as well. Very slow in southern PA with lots of towns stacked up right next to each other.

Dave

Plus it goes to a divided hwy (slab) is some stretches like 25 miles each way of Johnstown. Otherwise, not a bad road.

219 in WV gets two thumbs up! I've done it a bunch of times.
True. One suggestion: Once you get to Thomas WV, go east down through Canaan Valley and over to Seneca rocks, then down to White Sulphur. The part of 219 through Elkins ain't much. Or you can go down to Seneca, then back over west to about Marlinton and hit the really good part of 219 down to L-burg.

But don't tell anyone.

Dave

Plus it goes to a divided hwy (slab) is some stretches like 25 miles each way of Johnstown. Otherwise, not a bad road.
For a "get there" road that is not really slab it is good all the way from Buffalo to WV. That is the route we took north heading to CFR in Ontario. Once in WV and south of Deep Cut the only "bad" part is through Elkins. The rest of it is AWESOME!