EOM 2016 Home Safe Thread

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Home at beach safe.

Thanks Wayne and everybody else that put on EOM2016.

ATGATT- won't help with the emotional carnage of a 20MPH lowside but at least there are no skin grafts in the immediate future.

Last edited by a moderator:
Rolled out of Wytheville at 7:50 an made it home at 2:10 in the afternoon. A little over 300 miles. I HAVE to get rid of that OEM seat.

What a GREAT EOM! Got to see and catch up with so many people this year! Thanks Wayne and everyone who helped. Already looking forward to the next one.

Still mucking around in WV, PA and OH doing TOH stuff. My GPS gave me a nice tour of gravel roads in WV and PA yesterday
angrysmiley.gif

Home last night at 6:55pm, mostly slabbed it up 81 for a 612mi. day.

Phillip and Rick followed me for the first 350mi. then paired off in their direction.

Great EOM location! Wouldn't mind a repeat there again sometime (well, the motel could change to a more police friendly one! lol).

Thanks to Wayne, Gerald and all the other helpers! :)

-KJ & Deb

Left Ramada at 3:45am after saying goodbye to the world's greatest roomie, Phillip Gray, alias Graylag. Slabbed it most of the way for exactly 12 hours rolling into the driveway at 3:45pm. Endured about 4 hours of brutal Florida heat and was feeling shaky and out-of-sorts when I got off the bike, though I'd been drinking cold water like a fish. How I hate Florida summer weather. That's exactly why the FJR sits for weeks at a time in the garage during the summer.

Happy to say that I made it home safely, the FJR is still running fine, and my bruises don't feel any worse today. Feeling very thankful that the particular corner where my failed rear ABS caused me to crash was a very tight one. Looking back I'm still kicking myself for not remembering to avoid using the rear brake too much. I KNEW it had no ABS. Duhhhh. I tumbled off the bike at about 10 mph when it hit the grass. Had this happened at any one of the hundreds of corners I flew around this week, I'd be writing this from a hospital bed. Happy to say the FJR performed very well at higher speeds. Only wish the FJR had survived the crash as well as I did. It's going to cost me a lot of time and money to get it back top shape. But at least I can be thankful that I'm relatively OK and the damage to the bike is limited. My thanks for Phillip Gray for coming back to help me get it out from under the guardrail. I enjoyed posing for the picture he took of that scene. The bike will be sitting in the garage for a while until I'm feeling better and the temps cool off. All in all, a great weekend and with the exception of one slow speed oops, I never thought I could get around corners that fast. Quite the learning experience.

Gary

Back home in RI at 1pm Monday. 2040 miles for the trip-785 on the home ride. Thanks Wayne for another great EOM!

RPM and I rolled into Macon around 2:45 yesterday after leaving Wytheville at 7:00. Almost all slab riding. Lots of good riding and met a few new friends. A special thanks to TominPA for getting me to the new bike last Wednesday in Latrobe. Great guy! ...Gnirtsnod

We are home, stopped overnight in Binghamton, and got in aroun 3 pm.

We had a great time, many thanks to Wayne for running this, great to see so mnay familar faces.

Chris & Diana

Laura and I left Wytheville at 9am yesterday and finally made it home around 1am this morning after a looong rental ride home. Even with that, I'm still glad we were there and got to hang out with such a great bunch of wierdos, er I mean nice normal folks! Thanks to everyone who offered and/or provided help, tie down straps, muscle, etc!! It seems this year's EOM was a tough one for bikes...
weirdsmiley.gif
Let's all do it again next year, but without some of the drama.

Wayne, and ALL who had a hand in the logistics of the EOM Experience, THANK YOU!!!! I know it's a major time suck to put something like this together and then deal with whatever glitches come up along the way. Please know ti is greatly appreciated!!

A fast 5 hour stint today got me home about 2:30 this afternoon. Chris aka BugR had recommended the fresh pavement on Pa144 so I ran it late in the afternoon and stopped overnight in Coudersport, Pa. 144 was in excellent shape and virtually empty of traffic so it was a nice reminder of the roads enjoyed over the weekend in Va and NC. Trip overall ran to just over 2000 miles. My ass is now ready for a break.

Thanks again to Wayne, Gerald and all who helped put EOM together. It may have been my first, but it won't be my last.

I'll get some pictures organized and post them on the photo thread.

Philip

Arrive home at 5:11 Monday evening after 7 days of great roads and fun people 2,433 miles with probably only 600 on the slab.

Great routes by my leader Fred W and TMJ. Thanks to all who put it together, it takes an awful lot if work, and anybody who complains should step up to

the plate and try it themselves.

Jack & Jane

Great gathering, it's always a great time when like minded individuals get together. Rayzerman19 & I left the Ramada around 8 AM and worked our way north on a lot of fun roads, Ray took a hotel around 7 P.M. and I carried on to arrive home just after 11 PM. Had a blast last week with a total of 4741 KLM's, The Lamm seat is definitely broke in now.

Wayne, and ALL who had a hand in making this EOM Experience a success, THANK YOU! & know it is greatly appreciated!!

For all those I already met it was great seeing you again & for all the others I met a this one thanks for saying hi, well except for Barry
not_i.gif
smile.png

Home this afternoon. Cool and overcast, got some rain in Niagara Falls (as Tim predicted it would). Great to see everybody. Many kudos to Wayne and the team for a great job!!

Line and I rolled home around 4:30 after spending the night at the Hilton in Erie PA ($109!) The rain started heavy on the Cdn side around St. Catharines and didn't really end until just before home.

Josie and I rolled in around 5:30 PM today. 2387 miles door to door including Skyline drive and most of the BRP. Ride home was a 2-day 50/50. I-81 slab-fest yesterday, and some PA, NY, MA and NH back roads today. All in all it was a great week of riding for us.

I'm real glad my jinx was a double jinx, and it turned out to be one of the best Wx weekends in (recent) EOM history. Was great to see a lot of folks that we haven't seen since Cumberland. Don't be strangers! Come on up to NERDS next August if you can swing it in your schedules. We don't have the wicked smooth pavement they do down south, but the scenery it pretty great and, just like EOM, it's a giant party with a great bunch of like minded people.

The entire EOM crew, but especially ring leader Wayne, deserve huge kudos for putting on such a great show. You guys rock!
punk.gif

Special shout out to route-master Lee. We rode your Jefferson Forest loop on Saturday, and that was the best damn route I think I've ever had the pleasure to loop on. We really enjoyed that one. Thanks.