Event data recorder question

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't have a problem with the black box recording recent data. I would have a problem if it was sending data to some external receiver.

That is a completely different conspiracy. For that you need to look at your smart phone.

PS - I carry my tattle tale smart phone when I am riding my new 2104 FJR`1300ES.
wink.png

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't have a problem with the black box recording recent data. I would have a problem if it was sending data to some external receiver.
My problem with ANY LEO effort is when things are done without warrants or with warrants obtained with inaccurate (intentionally or otherwise) information.

THERE! >sigh<

I tried. I really did.

I'm giving myself a warning and POINTS!

at_midnight_1148.jpg

My problem with these devices and the associated technology (GPS locators and so on) are their insidious nature. "Camel's nose under the tent." Record 30 seconds of data? Why not three minutes, three hours, three days, three years...? Memory is cheap. The data from these devices can be, has been and will be subpoenaed when a defendant or plaintiff, or prosecutors or defense attorneys want it, which they always will. Insurance companies are now offering financial incentives to customers who attach data recorders to their vehicle. If these are built-in, can they demand to scan your data before writing a policy? Will past indiscretions be used to establish a "pattern" of reckless driving? And, of course, the NSA (not political, just fact) has routinely overstepped their authority regarding monitoring citizen communications. It is easy to not trust the motivations of those who advocate for data recording...or any other type of electronic monitoring of our behavior. If it's imposed on us, it's not likely for our personal benefit.