Fall PNW Tech Meet #13 - October 11th

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Matt,

I tried to replace the brake and turn signal lights with LED and I got the flashing ABS light. on my 09, I did not have this problem with my 06.

Matt,
I tried to replace the brake and turn signal lights with LED and I got the flashing ABS light. on my 09, I did not have this problem with my 06.
Food for thought. I think I had something similar on this in my '05 when I did both the brake lights (never did the turn signals) and turned out it was my hyperlite polarity was backwards. Changed that and ABS light went away. Regardless, when I try...I'll try the lights first before I do hyperlights.

I will be there. If there is room and time, I would like to change the oil in my forks. See you soon

Time for the Fall gathering, bench racing and tech day. Saturday October 11th at my house again. (If you haven't been here, PM me and I'll send you the address) Starting at 9 AM going until 5 PM. (Cost is $10 includes lunch and helps with shop consumables) PLEASE Respond to the thread if you are coming so we can get a head count for lunch.
Try to keep in mind if you are doing something that takes a lot of time, that it may not be the best place to do it. Some have tried to do a cruise control install for the first time and have not been able to finish.

Maintenance suggested so far are:

Grounding system

Tire changes (Derek Weaver tire machine) for those who need to (please take your used tires with you or leave $5 per tire so I can take them to the recycler)

TBS

PAIR system block off

Various electrical and electronic additions

Brake system flush - please RSVP this

Fork rebuilds

Bring pictures and DVD for bench racing in the movie room

If you are traveling some distance and need a place to stay, there are a couple of motels in Auburn about 5 miles away (La Quinta Inn and a Pepper Tree Best Western).

Lunch - snacks, pizza, salad, and soda. Bring your own beverages for stronger stuff.

There will be a swap meet also. Bring your stuff you want to trade or sell.

Attendees: (Please RSVP that you are coming for a head count on the food)

AuburnFJR & Mrs.

Niehart

Beamer Reamer & Mrs.

escapefjrtist

Hudson

Panman

Ahchiu

JamesW

MCRIDER007

Ignacio

Seattle Ty

henwil

blufjr

Fontanaman

gbrmksmith

audiowize

wistrick

mikaljames

redneckj

List updated

Hello Bryan,
Is it reasonable to do a valve check/adjust at this event?

-PB
We have done some in the past, but we always seems to be pressed for time. It is probably better to get you connected with someone that can assist you and do it at both of yours time schedule so if you are not complete, you don't feel rushed to get it done.

I will be in attendance, if'n such lowlife depraved individuals are permitted....i'm not sure where the hell i am...except it smells funny...i told my texmex friends i was going to the valhalla of cheesness and pigfat....Taco Ma Wa....i got the shit beat out of me in a too lightly loaded v10 penske....i DO apologize for those mirrors.....all of them....sounded like mario andretti with a 10 speed auto....5 days 2700 miles....i can even whistle through my new missing teef....and ziggy is leaking fork fluid and my blinkers dont work but Yoko and i made it !!! and in all seriousness i got to go to snoquallmie falls today and Ranier yesterday.....fuuuuuuck....why would anyone leave this place ?!!!!! its faaar too goddamn friendly too...and i found my "dispensary".....i'm never leavin' !!!!!!!!!!

Bobby

Well guys, I thought that I was going to be able to make this one but my sister's wedding is on the same day. I was hoping to be able to get up there to put my new fork springs in with my rebuild but I will have to figure something else out. You guys have fun and safe rides in and out of there. For the newbs, don't let the driveway down to the house scare you! lol

Just a suggestion
smile.png

Could we do name tags with real and forum names please.
Yeah, what lazy bum was in charge of doing that .... oh yeah, that lazy bum was me. I will get tags made for this tech day.

Hello,

I am a new rider, and want to learn how to maintain my bike rather than going to dealer :) I don't have any knowledge in maintaining motorcycle and tools, but I will buy tools once I get some advice from you guys. I am very motivated to learn. I would like to the tech meet and say hi. My bike is 2014, and nearing its 600 mile service, and I am wondering I can get some help how to change oil and final shaft oil. I don't even know which oils I should buy or tools yet.

Best,

Seong, [email protected]

First congratulations on the new bike. Yes we can help you learn how to do the services yourself. Bring the fluids and the filter.

We have the tools so you can see what is needed and we will assist you with this.

Oil is kind of like the flavor of the month. I personally use Shell Rotella T6 full synthetic (T5 is a synthetic blend) which you can by at Wal-Mart for about $22 a gallon. (you will need a gallon). I use Mobile 1 gear oil (I believe it is 70-140) a quart is about $12. You will get 4 oil changes out of it for the final drive. I use Yamaha oil filters.

Others use other brands of oil, but make sure it is full synthetic.

Add me to the list please. I've got some progressive springs to put in the front end and need to do a "fork service" not sure if I should send these off or try and do them at the meet. (thoughts anyone?) I'm also ready for a new set of tires. I've gotten 13,000 out of some PR3's and they still look new.

~as always, Bryan.... thanks for hosting this.

Add me to the list please. I've got some progressive springs to put in the front end and need to do a "fork service" not sure if I should send these off or try and do them at the meet. (thoughts anyone?) I'm also ready for a new set of tires. I've gotten 13,000 out of some PR3's and they still look new.~as always, Bryan.... thanks for hosting this.
Make sure you have the seals and bushings and all that stuff. We can do the forks at the meet.