Finally Got My Shark

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FJRBilldo

Reaction score
Got the Evoline 3 Series in Moovit :yahoo:

(Several of my riding buds have already called me Tron) I knew it would happen but hey, it's all good. Whatever I can do to help myself be seen out there....

Here's a few photos and something to think about: when it's in the open face mode, the chin bar being completely behind the helmet doesn't act like sail trying to throw your head back. It also balances out the helmet nicely being back there.

Here it is in full face mode with the built-in glasses down and the visor down as well.

photo-4.jpg

Here it is in open face mode with the sunscreen down.

photo-5.jpg

And here is it from the back with the chin bar in position.

photo-2-1.jpg

So far I love it!! After I get a few hundred miles in it I'll post more impressions.

Cheers,

b

You have a follow up yet? I am looking at the Shark Evo3 Century.
Yeah I wish I would have bought it years ago. It's been sweltering hot around L.A. for the past couple weeks and it sure is nice to be able to open that sucker up. I think someone else mentioned the aerodynamics. They were soooo right. I can be cruising at 85 and turn my head and I get FAR LESS turbulence than I did with my Icon.

Aerodynamics = 10

Comfort = 9 (Trying to get used to having a helmet the right size :blink: )

Sun Glasses = 8 could drop down a touch lower, could be a tad darker

Ease of opening= 9 They say not to open or close while riding, its easy enough and quick enough to do it no problem. Locking it in when closing takes some getting used to. No big deal though.

Quiet = 9 In all fairness I have never worn anything other than Icon, HJC (Backup helmet) , or Arai. This is quieter than all three of those, Even when open. You still hear some wind noise but I wear earbuds - seems like I can hear the tunes a bit clearer.

Note- couldn't get my Scala G4 on because the thing is built well. You can't really pry the liner away to stick the bracket in. So I just used the sticker mount and it's been fine.

Overall I'm very happy with it.

Great points you touched on. Thank you for your feedback. Sounds like I would have to mount my Sena SMH10 with tape as well. So the wind noise isnt a problem with the mic comm when the chin bar is lifted up?

Great points you touched on. Thank you for your feedback. Sounds like I would have to mount my Sena SMH10 with tape as well. So the wind noise isnt a problem with the mic comm when the chin bar is lifted up?
Not really until you get up to about 75 or more. And it depends on where the windshield is too. I did put the bigger wind-mufller thingy on it though.