Finally scored a 15ES - the deals are out there if you're patient

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well I do miss the dead red 2014 but I really don't mind the stealth of the 2015. The 2014 was a cop magnet around here.
I guess I bought one of the 6. Was on the floor at Romney cycles for 8 months patiently waiting for me. ES out the door for 13750.00

I have no remorse about the 2016 (yet) I lurve the genIII fiercely and really never miss a sixth gear (yet?).
Was that a zero mile new 15 es OTD for $13,750?

Geez, I have been trying here to get one for $15,500 OTD and they won't budge from the $16,100 they insist it is worth.
yup it was - found it on cycle trader- one just like it in PA, near Pittsburg.
Yes I notice that dealer regularly has nice prices on FJR's. He has a nice new '15 ES for $13,500. If I were to buy new that would be the place I'd be checkin first.

So how much did you pay for that turd of a color '15 ES?
Do you think it would be worth 11.5 out the door?
That was a smokin' deal! Wow! Good job!

I just worked out a deal on a 2014A for $12.1k OTD. Picking it up tomorrow
biggrinsmiley.gif
but $11.5 otd on an ES? You really made out very well!

Looking forward to seeing what the impending 2016 price release does to 2014 and 2015 inventory prices. One dealer told me they are increasing prices as spring approaches.

Anyone know if Yamaha has released any 2016 pricing yet?

You got a smoking deal on that bike. But that is expected when it is not a desirable color like the hot little red head or my blue one! Down the road I will be picking up a younger model but for now Raquel only has 50K showing on her and runs like a bat out of hell. Plus I have to teach my new girlfriend how to ride pillion........

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm in a similar boat with you. I saw my latest acquistion in CycleTrader at a SoCal dealer. 2015ES, 4400 miles. Paid $12,800. I needed the cruise control due to tendon issues in my left elbow. Dealer said it was a typical celebrity bike, they have no concept of money. Came with canyon cages and factory trunk so I figured I got about a grand of upgrades for free.

Horsefly.

OK all you newbie owners: who will be the first to put on 2,500 miles?
A lot is going to depend on where the newbies live. A lot of riders live in the snow and salt belt that won't really clear until April/May, also the <30°F mornings may be a deterrent for some people. If I had a brand new FJR I would kinda hate to ride it with salt dust and salt spray for its first 2,500 miles. But them fellers in AZ, UT, NV, FL, areas of TX and CA have no excuse ;)

Y'all Yankees like to complain about the weather where you live, but it's a free country and you can move if you want.
smile.png

Uncle Hud

two winters in Boston -- Charlestown -- and NEVER again, except maybe a week to ski at Cannon.

Y'all Yankees like to complain about the weather where you live, but it's a free country and you can move if you want.
smile.png

Uncle Hud

two winters in Boston -- Charlestown -- and NEVER again, except maybe a week to ski at Cannon.
Four summers in Selma and Birmingham, a couple of summers in Arecibo Puerto Rico, a summer in Shreveport, three summers in Atlanta (specifically Decatur and Tucker Ga close to Dunwoody), fourteen summers in Rolla MO and mixed time in Palm Springs and Phoenix. I know heat and I know humidity, I'd rather ride in 30's and 40's.

Weather aside, I still would hate to break in a new bike on heavily salted roads.

That's why you find the straightest highway going south and take it. Wash when you get below the snow line, and then enjoy the wonderful winter weather you've found and I bet you could find 2500 miles pretty easily.
biggrin.png

It's similar to what those of us in Texas do in the middle of the screaming heat of our summer. Find the straightest shortest fastest route to Colorado, then climb in altitude. Finally, enjoy the summer weather we found and then find the miles.

Mornin'All,

My new to me 2015 arrives day after tomorrow, let the chase begin. All my riding friends are lining up to chase me and see a new FJR. Sanded, shaded roads are a real issue around here, I just slow down in the rural, shaded corners until the cages clear the roads with their jetwash.

Horsefly

Put 520 on her over the weekend! Left the house Saturday with 0.6 miles on the odometer, clocked about 170 miles while doing some Motoman break in exercises. Then Sunday logged 350 more miles. It is an amazing machine!

Mine might have been the first out of the box, but I won't see it for a couple of more weeks. :(

So my VIN is 0039. What are some of you other new owners looking at for VINs? I'm curious if the distribution is totally random or geographical...

Mine might have been the first out of the box, but I won't see it for a couple of more weeks.
sad.png

So my VIN is 0039. What are some of you other new owners looking at for VINs? I'm curious if the distribution is totally random or geographical...
I'll have mine tomorrow, but doubt I'll be the first to 2500 miles. However I will be anxious to get 600 miles on quickly, so I can get to that first service. My VIN is 104, why couldn't it have been something cool like 100, or 007?

Dude. You got a smoking deal. But the color is the reason. Pretty much have to give them away. Hell in 5 years the Candy Red of 2014 won't be down to that price. But I'd still ride with you, albeit at a distance, but................
Just last week, I picked up a stock 2014 with a top case, 1900 miles, in perfect condition, for $11,375, private seller in Colorado...

Congratulations, Wandering Dane!

Now that you've opened your wallet, open the throttle to that FJR! Put a bunch of miles on her before the NAFO invasion of Colorado.

Congratulations, Wandering Dane!
Now that you've opened your wallet, open the throttle to that FJR! Put a bunch of miles on her before the NAFO invasion of Colorado.
Certainly planning on putting on the miles this year - as soon as I can get it insured. My regular carrier (Shelter) does not insure "sport touring bikes" for comprehensive and collision, only liability. So I'm waiting for a quote from Progressive. Come on, Flo, help out a guy!

While I won't be going to the NAFO event, I've got rides planned from the Denver area to Dallas; Red Lodge, MT; Montreal, Quebec and Vancouver, BC and more, unless work interferes.

Latest posts