first long ride on FJR

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sonic Speed,

CONGRATS on a personal best long day!

They get easier as you do them and of course the smiling never stops.

Good on ya for stretching your legs.

GZ

ok today i put 423 miles on my FJR. that is the longest i have ever rode a scoot in 1 day. ( i know, i know i'm a wuss) except for getting a little squirrelly around 18 wheelers, it was the smoothest, fastest ride i have ever experienced. BTW i put on the v-stream windshield last night before my ride and it is an excellant product. no helmet buffeting, no wind noise when in up position, the only minor and i mean minor gripe is the heat buildup behind it.
Congrats! They just keep getting longer, a 400 mile day on the Magna would've killed me. The Feej just makes it easy! :yahoo:
Woof!

My magna beats the crap out of me over 60.

I just popped my "woof" cherry, btw.

ok today i put 423 miles on my FJR. that is the longest i have ever rode a scoot in 1 day. ( i know, i know i'm a wuss) except for getting a little squirrelly around 18 wheelers, it was the smoothest, fastest ride i have ever experienced. BTW i put on the v-stream windshield last night before my ride and it is an excellant product. no helmet buffeting, no wind noise when in up position, the only minor and i mean minor gripe is the heat buildup behind it.

NOT to brag about myself or anything..... Ok I want to brag about myself 1000 miles one day enroute to colorado

The first ride I did on my FJR was 887 miles to get it back home from where I purchased it. Up to that point, the most I had done in one day was around 200 miles on a VTX1300C. The first day on the trip back from Atlanta, I only did 304 miles before I had to stop for the night. I wanted to keep on going, but the rain had just started coming down hard and the wind was blowing me all over the place. The next day, I drove the final 583 miles home in nice weather for the most part. It was the most fun I have had on two wheels. I really enjoyed the ride and the FJR made the miles fly by. I wasn't sure how I many miles I would be able to do each day so I gave myself three days do it. I ended up doing it in less than a day and a half. My butt was ready for the day to be over after 583 miles in one day but I was still enjoying the ride right up until I pulled into the driveway. I believe I am going to really like this bike. :yahoo: I have not been able to stay off of it since I got it home two weeks ago.

The first ride I did on my FJR was 887 miles to get it back home from where I purchased it. Up to that point, the most I had done in one day was around 200 miles on a VTX1300C. The first day on the trip back from Atlanta, I only did 304 miles before I had to stop for the night. I wanted to keep on going, but the rain had just started coming down hard and the wind was blowing me all over the place. The next day, I drove the final 583 miles home in nice weather for the most part. It was the most fun I have had on two wheels. I really enjoyed the ride and the FJR made the miles fly by. I wasn't sure how I many miles I would be able to do each day so I gave myself three days do it. I ended up doing it in less than a day and a half. My butt was ready for the day to be over after 583 miles in one day but I was still enjoying the ride right up until I pulled into the driveway. I believe I am going to really like this bike. :yahoo: I have not been able to stay off of it since I got it home two weeks ago.
You are hooked - you will find the grin never goes away :yahoo:

Hello

My average is 650-800 kilometers per day, with FRJ it is not problem. But now is coming here (Czech Republic) winter and our motorbike season finished for this year. I can only envy yours opportunities for motorbike travelling.

... carefully ...

... OM :)

Hello

My average is 650-800 kilometers per day, with FRJ it is not problem. But now is coming here (Czech Republic) winter and our motorbike season finished for this year. I can only envy yours opportunities for motorbike travelling.

... carefully ...

... OM :)
OldMan, I know how you feel, here in Reno, NV we are getting ready for the same crap -- winter.

By the way, I was born in Czech and still speak it, so message me so we can e-mail. Scott

Latest posts