Fish, House Guests, and Tropical Systems

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

otrfjr

Don't tell Mom
Reaction score
Actually it's day 4 of Fay dumping on me & the FJR. So much so, in fact, that I did something I feel very ashamed of: for the first time since starting this job, I rode in a car to work. 3 times. I feel so dirty. Even the 7 inches of rain we've had in the last 24 hours hasn't washed away the taint.

O Westron wind, when wilt thou blow?

The small rain down may rain.

Christ that my love were in my arms bike was on the road

And I in my bed the saddle again.

Last edited by a moderator:
Imagine the stench after we've been in this for 5 days!!! Let's hope Fay moves on quickly!

If it's driven you to poetry, I'd say yeah-that's some serious shit ya got goin' there.

I hope Fay comes N.

we are still in a drought from last year of around 15 inches or so. It would help us.

Grass is always greener....

A little luckier in Charleston, SC; just got home from wind and rain from Fay, but only moderate rain and winds around 20-30. Keep safe in Florida; at least your drought should be history for most of the state. Hopefully Fay does a turn north and help out Alabama, Georgia and North Carolina, maybe Tennessee too.

Yeh, she needs to head north up the east coast. Unfortunatly about half the computer models show her bouncing along the Gulf coast clear over here. We really don't need the rain now.

Buckling up for it right now. Breeze is picking up, no real rain yet here.

Fencer, you may need some rain, but you don't want it all at once, believe me! It's just flood the creeks and rivers and silt up our nice pretty bays, leaving you guys still in a drought.

Edit: Took a peek outside, it's actually calmer now than when I came home from work, wind trying to push the bike into the wrong lane. Between bands, I guess.

New edit: The radar shows a huge orange blob centered on Dothan, AL, which fades out as it approaches the coast. This thing may pass north of us. But Fencer, it's comin' your way!!!

Everyone who needs rain: be careful what you wish for. Along with the rain will come wind & tornado watches.

Woke up a couple of hours ago, and saw we'd had a little rain, no sign of serious wind, though. Since then it's been dead calm, and the radar shows a big hole in the rain centered a bit SE of here. I walked down to the end of the street to see if the bay was in any kind of surge, and it's not. It wasn't raining, but the air was wet enough to make dew appear in the hair on your arm. Just enough mist to get you almost wet. There's a hell of a lot of rain east and north of here, but not here yet. Interweb weather sites say 45 mph winds, heavy rains, and I don't mean to belittle what's happening elsewhere, but I don't have a storm at this time. If I didn't know better, I'd go for a ride.

Have yet to hear thunder.Fair amount of rain and tree debris littering the streets.
Capt. Bob: News blip at the bottom of the TV screen said that there was some local street flooding in Tallahassee.

wfooshee: If you do go for a ride, watch for the wind gusts that appear from nowhere.

Have yet to hear thunder.Fair amount of rain and tree debris littering the streets.
Capt. Bob: News blip at the bottom of the TV screen said that there was some local street flooding in Tallahassee.
Happens in various areas whenever we get a fair amount of rain. It has finally stopped on the north end of town.

I'm up on a hill. First to get wet and last to drown :rolleyes:

We never saw any form of severe weather from this, although I'd be intersted to hear from the Alabama guys about how they fared. All afternoon the radar showed a hole in the green stuff right over my area, and just an hour or so ago it rained again hard enough I was glad to not be out in it. Never had any wind, lightning, hard rain, or anything threatening here. From the radar it looks like Montgomery has some rain left and Birmingham is just getting started.

We never saw any form of severe weather from this, although I'd be intersted to hear from the Alabama guys about how they fared. All afternoon the radar showed a hole in the green stuff right over my area, and just an hour or so ago it rained again hard enough I was glad to not be out in it. Never had any wind, lightning, hard rain, or anything threatening here. From the radar it looks like Montgomery has some rain left and Birmingham is just getting started.
From N.E. Alabama here. Nothing serious at all. It's been raining pretty much all day, starting at about 11 this morning. Some rain slightly harder than most, but none of it what I consider a hard rain. (currently raining; 9:25 p.m. here)

Latest posts