Five Years Gone By...

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've read it before. I read it again. Here I am in my office cryin'.

Damn.

EDIT: Thanks Fred for the link. I couldn't find it from the other one.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hard to believe that it has been five years. Some things fade form our memories over time, some things we never forget, and some, like this, become more vivid in our minds over time as we ponder the deed and the circumstances.

Thanks for the post, Barry. Glad to see you are still around here once in a while.
Here's a direct link to the article containing General Kelly's speech. A very worthwhile short read.
Thanks, Fred, for posting the RR and the link to Gen. Kelly's narrative. I'd read it a few days ago, and it was in my mind today as I listened to General Kelly deliver the dedication on Camp Pendleton of the new memorial for those Marines from the 5th Regiment who were KIA in Afghanistan - his own son, 1stLt. Robert Kelly, among them.

The bravery and sacrifice of these men, and the losses of their families are beyond words.

Semper Fi

Thank you for this reminder, Fred... and for bringing back the memory of such a find young man. I have no words to ease the pain of the loss of a child but I do honor him every time I go out for a ride... godspeed to all.

2011.05.30%20126-XL.jpg

Thank you Fred for the small reminder that freedom isn't free.

I was there at EOM a couple of years ago where many of our FJR brothers and sisters donated to the Jordan Initiative. It was a heartfelt moment for all. This is a fine community of people we have here, all made possible by the young heroes like Jordan.

You've got that right.

But that was almost five years ago now at EOM '08, at the Brier Inn in Lewisburgh, WV. Brier Inn isn't that anymore.

The tragedy was pretty recent. Everyone I know was very touched by it.

That was also the best damn EOM ever!

side story: Chris (TheAxeman) showed up at that EOM with a nail in his tire. He wouldn't let us pull the nail and plug it. That may have been due to our "state of mind" in the parking lot that night.

I'm way late for going back to West By God Virginia, I can tell you that... Some fine roads can be ridden there.

Last edited by a moderator:
But that was almost five years ago now at EOM '08, at the Brier Inn in Lewisburgh, WV. Brier Inn isn't that anymore.The tragedy was pretty recent. Everyone I know was very touched by it.
Actually Fred, I was referring to EOM 2011 at Cumberland Falls. It just goes to show the generosity of this community. Even three years out at that point the FJR brothers and sisters were still standing strong. That might be something to consider again in Maggie Valley this year.
smile.png
I'll make the first pledge of $25 right here.