FJR AE OWNERS

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So, I think I have an interesting reply to add: my 2006AE is VIN #00013 of the first year/batch of AE's. Since they usually scrunch up the first 10 or so assuming they are working out the kinks in the dies, that makes it a fairly low number. It was THE bike reviewed in the moto-jouralism magazines, and I came to have it through a relationship with someone at Yamaha USA. It has about 18000 miles on it now. The journos beat is pretty hard, and it needed a few things, but has been great. And how do you top a lucky # like 13?! :rolleyes:

want to compile a list of 2006-2009 AE models on this forum. Please list as below:

1. TurboDave, 2006AE vin# 00060, original owner, current mileage 57257
Will this list eventually be published? Or will it stay in the hands of the elusive club of AE owners only? :D

Seems to be a lot more AE owners than what I thought. Also surprised at most of them having low mileage.

Just curious.

Dave

Last edited by a moderator:
Reble9mm 2006AE Vin #000037 12,800 miles

2nd owner that I know of... bought 8/09 with 8,600.

Weather good tmrw so time to ride!!!!!!

:yahoo:

update... oh what a ride... 65 degrees and sunny...in January????

Great day... 300 miles more!!!

2008 Vin# 000824. 4100 miles. Officialy I am the second owner as it was first registerer as the shops demo bike. I bought it with only 268 miles on the clock and £3000 (about $4800) off the list price. The reason for low mileage is I use a Yamaha XJR1300 as my main hack, as its more manouverable through London rush hour traffic.

Also surprised at most of them having low mileage.
It's all that shop time trying to fix the SHFT__26 problems. :p

Woketman, 2006AE vin# 000402, original owner, current mileage 1248 (bought her new in July 09)
DOOD!! You need to PM forum member Brundog and ask how to put more miles on your scoot! :assassin:

want to compile a list of 2006-2009 AE models on this forum. Please list as below:

1. TurboDave, 2006AE vin# 00060, original owner, current mileage 57257
Will this list eventually be published? Or will it stay in the hands of the elusive club of AE owners only? :D

Seems to be a lot more AE owners than what I thought. Also surprised at most of them having low mileage.

Just curious.

Dave
I plan on making a listing of the info on the bikes. would like the have the VIN #(last 5 digits only) and other info. Glad you asked. thanks

I see two of you have listed an 06 with Ser # 000013. WTF?
Yeah, I noticed Brodie has the same vin# as I do, 00112. Who knows what's up? Are there differences in the numbers prior to the last five? Or could I steal Brodie's bike and have 2 FJR's? :lol:

only owner 07AE vin. 00965 29000 miles bought new Oct 07. Best bike I've ever owned too! :yahoo: Oh, make that the only bike... :rolleyes: