FJR @ Deals Gap

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
C

Centerline

Couple of weeks had the pleasure of a fantastic at Deals Gap with about 60 Yami Warriors at Deals Gap. A Yamaha film crew was there to get shots/video of customized Warriors.

Anyhow, my riding buddy had his camera and made a fun video of the week. It is about 15 minutes worth, and the videos a little grainy as it was just a $100 digital camera. But you can see an FJR shooting the Gap with a mediocre rider (me). There is also a 1/8 mile dragstrip run of the FJR about 11 or so minutes into sthe video. That particular run was a 7.2 at 99.75mph.

Warriors & FJR

I'll be down there 4 weeks from now. It's the FZ1 owners rally. They are an excellent bunch of guys/gals. My wife and I are trailering our sportbikes down. Two years ago I had my GSX-R750 down there, this year it will be the Buell. Should be a hoot!

Very nice - wish I could have gone with ya"ll - might have been able to sell mine LOL! :D

very well done . going down 3rd. week in june anyone want to join in message me .

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm going to be there next week! Spending a week in the Smokie Mountains!

Hey,

Where you there on Friday April 28th? I was riding home (took a little detour from Texarkana to Chattanooga) and was by myself and saw (3) FJRs going to other way. IIRC, I was on 129 heading south / east to catch the Cherahola Skyway from the moto resort. The place was packed that week-end - Warrior club, Triumph club, Cobra club (cars), 'Busa club, Gold Wing, etc, etc.

Cool video...!

Couple of weeks had the pleasure of a fantastic at Deals Gap with about 60 Yami Warriors at Deals Gap. A Yamaha film crew was there to get shots/video of customized Warriors.Anyhow, my riding buddy had his camera and made a fun video of the week. It is about 15 minutes worth, and the videos a little grainy as it was just a $100 digital camera. But you can see an FJR shooting the Gap with a mediocre rider (me). There is also a 1/8 mile dragstrip run of the FJR about 11 or so minutes into sthe video. That particular run was a 7.2 at 99.75mph.

Warriors & FJR

Thanks for making the video available, Centerline! I'm going to be in the area next month, so it was great to get to preview the Gap.

woohoo!! :yahoo: :yahoo: I likey dragon!! I'm planing on going back in Sept while at EOM, I' got to get me a similar camera set up so I can do this same video

That road looks like a lot of fun. Is it worth the ride out from Vegas, or should I just keep shooting it through CA and NV?
The Dragon is nice but it gets crowded - I would think your roads out in Calif. (hwy 49 area) would be just as nice. The weekends on the Dragon tend to get a bit crowded - I had a Mustung come around a bend at me in my lane - luckily I was just taking it easy and he was able to get back over onto his side.

That was great! I think we stayed at the same hotel...the one on your 4th or 5th photo. If it is the one I am thinking about, it was reallly gross! We were too tired to change our minds so we stayed anyway.

Anyway, thanks for sharing the pics!

For what it's worth, the local newspapers are reporting that the NC and TN Highway Patrol folks are going to crack down on motorcycles who are speeding and riding recklessly. They specifically listed Deals Gap, Cherahala Parkway and the Blue Ridge Parkway. Be careful.

jim

For what it's worth, the local newspapers are reporting that the NC and TN Highway Patrol folks are going to crack down on motorcycles who are speeding and riding recklessly. They specifically listed Deals Gap, Cherahala Parkway and the Blue Ridge Parkway. Be careful.jim
That's exactly why one should get one's yaya's out during the weekday. I spend most of the weekend spectating when I'm there. There's no need to try to be a hero on the weekends.

very well done . going down 3rd. week in june anyone want to join in message me .
I'll be there from 6/24 - 7/1. Rent a house there every year! And Yes, it's worth the drive from Vegas! Cherohala Skyway is better in my opinion, RT 143 west out of Robbinsville.
I am going to be there the week of the June 11 - 17th. A friend is riding down from Jersey and I up from the Gulf Coast. We are going to spend a week around the area exploring things.

For the experienced among us, what are the must-dos in the area of western NC/eastern TN?

The Dragon is in my backyard. The store (cross roads of time) at Deal's Gap is only 42 miles from my garage. The best website Tail of the Dragon dot Com, is loaded with Dragon info.

www.tailofthedragon.com

Hope the link works. Check out the "other roads" section of the website for most of the other great roads in the area.

See you somewhere down a twisty road...........

Richard

Latest posts