FJR Dyno Tuning & Electroninc Control Unit Flashing

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wonder how an Innovate Motor Sports wideband O2 sensor with LC-2 controller would work on an FJR to replace the narrowband O2 sensor. I use this set up on my two BMW Oilheads with great results. With this setup you select whatever AFR you want to run with using a laptop. On a Beemer this puts a Power Commander to shame. No mods to the bike in any way and completely eliminates lean burn surging. You can buy an LC-2 on Amazon. I don't own an FJR but I'm giving it a lot of thought.

I had an ECU flash and dyno Tune on my M109R. I realize that's not pertinent to this discussion, but one of the most important aspects for me (that I did not see mentioned) was that through the dyno tune process, the technician got my air/fuel ratio almost completely flat across the entire RPM range.

The ECU flash eliminated a number of restrictions and improved performance, but the most noticeable thing was low end drivability was greatly improved. I would imagine that the A/F ratio would also be optimized for an FJR ECU flash.

2015%20May%2028%20Hyper%20Pete%20Dyno%20Run%202%20001_zpsm1ceniuo.jpg

Has anyone dyno tuned their FJR and Flash tune their ECU?If so, what kind of increase performance did you produce?

Did you add a power commander or performance upgrade?

Please share your feed back and experience.

Thank you FJR team
smile.png
The ECUs on the Gen1 & 2 are not flashable and must use add-on controller, at least based on posts I've seen on the forum. I've not kept up with the Gen3 to know if they are flashable.
upset.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Has anyone dyno tuned their FJR and Flash tune their ECU?If so, what kind of increase performance did you produce?

Did you add a power commander or performance upgrade?

Please share your feed back and experience.

Thank you FJR team
smile.png
The ECUs on the Gen1 & 2 are not flashable and must use add-on controller, at least based on posts I've seen on the forum. I've not kept up with the Gen3 to know if they are flashable.
upset.gif
Maybe in the near future. Ive been talkin to someone and it is a possibility. I will hopefully have more info in 2-3 weeks. Control over engine timing, control over radiator fan, engine fueling, ect. It will be awesome if it all comes together.

Maybe in the near future. Ive been talkin to someone and it is a possibility. I will hopefully have more info in 2-3 weeks. Control over engine timing, control over radiator fan, engine fueling, ect. It will be awesome if it all comes together.
Spark ignition timing is locked, it will never be altered. The FSM points out that one function and specifically notes that the spark timing is not accessible.