Repost My FJR Farkles with pics

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Why spend your hard earned $$ on stuff bags? I use the clear tear off plastic bags you get at the produce section of the super market. They are free and you can see what is in the bag.

Why spend your hard earned $$ on stuff bags? I use the clear tear off plastic bags you get at the produce section of the super market. They are free and you can see what is in the bag.
Um...That's stealing. Haha...Actually I like them because as someone said before, I think it would make my bags more efficient. My rain gear can go in a bag and I don't have to dig it out when I need it. Same for other stuff, and they're reusable. Those olaatuc bags tear, creating a bigger PITA. Just a good way to organize stuff I think.

Sorry, gotta quote Jeff.

You might be a redneck if....Your matched set of lightweight flying luggage is 3 grocery bags from Walmart.

Last edited by a moderator:
Very nice post Silver! A dedicated photo gallery of people's farkles would be nice on the forum but I guess your post will do for now. Thanks!

It is apparent you have put some time into organizing your accessories. Nice work.

I do have one (hopefully constructive) criticism about your choice of the fuse block location. Are you able to reach those fuses without removing the entire faring panel? That would kind'a suck along side the road at oh-dark-thirty in BFE. OTOH as long as they are powering accessories that you can live without until you get back to civilization, all is well.

Most folks put them under the seat, or worst case under the easily removable ABCD panels (or equivalent on 3rd gens) for that reason.

I just ordered a dual rearset Powerlet for my '08. Thanks for the USB link, USB will take care of a SPOT 3 power supply WHEN I upgrade SPOTS.

More and more I am considering a semi-electrified tank bag for recharging items.

Nice job on your farkles!

It is apparent you have put some time into organizing your accessories. Nice work.
I do have one (hopefully constructive) criticism about your choice of the fuse block location. Are you able to reach those fuses without removing the entire faring panel? That would kind'a suck along side the road at oh-dark-thirty in BFE. OTOH as long as they are powering accessories that you can live without until you get back to civilization, all is well.

Most folks put them under the seat, or worst case under the easily removable ABCD panels (or equivalent on 3rd gens) for that reason.
That is a good observation, for what ever reason Yamaha put a door over that part of the faring and under the door I cut out a window for just that reason if I ever need a fuse change. I will post a picture soon, the bike is buried behind stuff while we are painting furniture.

That is a good observation, for what ever reason Yamaha put a door over that part of the faring and under the door I cut out a window for just that reason if I ever need a fuse change. I will post a picture soon, the bike is buried behind stuff while we are painting furniture.
I looked at a couple of places to put the fuse block. One being in the left side of the dash as well as under the seat. I ended up putting it under faring to save room in the other places. It is a chore to get to so I put this window under the faring door to change fuses and ran the remaining hot wire from the fuse block to under the tank and just capped it off for when I will use it.

fusewindow_zps1e254ff8.jpg