FJR has a New Friend

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

03HiYoSilver

Reaction score
I wanted to find a buddy for the FJR and found this great deal on this 2006 950 Adventure with only 2k miles, the last year for the Carb version.

It really surprised me that this Twin will do about a 11 second 1/4 mile, top out at about 135MPH, and then do dirt pretty well.

Here's the view with the Luggage:

2Rht_Luggage.jpg

A View without the Luggage:

1Lft_NoLuggage.jpg

It is a trick to mount this bike and even more trickier getting off of it. Not to mention the FJR is much easier to work on.

So when I feel like getting dirty, she'll be the one I ride.

gawd, I hate being short........................sigh

congrats!

Welcome to the world of dual sporting.

Have a R 1200 GS tha is a stable mate for the FJR as well. Its nice to be going down the road and just leave the pavement for worlds unknown.

NOW, go get some mud on her. Way too clean.

Congratulations 03HiYoSilver: Love your new Katoom, ultimate off road bikes. You have the best of both worlds: KTM and FJR!

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Guys & Gals for your comments.

To answer Fred's question, used Adventures run about $4-10k pending the Condition and situation. When I added up all the Add-ons new, the tab is up to $18.5k.

Soon, I will be able to get it dirty when I get some time.

Now I just need to sell the '05 FZ1 6800 miles $4900 to suppliment the purchase...anyone interested?

Very cool Steve!

Do you have to go thru TSA with those bags? Add one more bag on the front and I bet the bike will float in deep water. ;)

Very Cool and love the color combo. That seat looks like it might need a bit or reworking if planning to do any long days in the saddle though.

doctorj

Every time I look at one of those I utter something like "we should sell the mustang" To which I get "You are not selling my car to buy another motorcycle :nono: ".

"sigh" :tiredsmiley:

Do you have to go thru TSA with those bags? Add one more bag on the front and I bet the bike will float in deep water. ;)
I don't think so, it all came this way. These bikes do transverse through water but have to treat the Fuel Pump(located at the skid plate area) contacts with silicone so they don't corrode and fail. My next project on my ToDo list when I get time, just in case.

I was very lucky to find this bike just 30 miles away (in a tough situation) since there are very few listed for sale and found only 2 on EBAY in the whole country. The new ones are slated to come out in January, but are not in my price range.

Been lusting after one of those for years. Conragts!
Gunny! :dribble:

Congrats on the new addition to the stable. Now go get lost on some poor excuse for a goat trail!

To answer Fred's question, used Adventures run about $4-10k pending the Condition and situation.
Would you point me to the $4k ones? Yeah, those would be the ones for me... :rolleyes:
There goes the "light" Dual Sport dream.... :p

They are sexy, aren't they? :)

EDIT: The two finalists for me to buy in 2005 was the FJR or the Adventure. At the time my job had me traveling to Eugene often, right by aKTM dealer, who ended up being less than friendly. I had a local Yamaha dealer and doing miles on blacktop was my first love, so the decision was made.... but I still get a woody looking at KTM's.