FJR Lowering Links

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
+1 on the Kouba Links and slipping the forks.
rolleyes.gif

What I was looking for is the hole to hole measurement of a lowering link such as the Kouba links. On my 05' FJR the factory links have a center to center hole spacing of 6.25". For a Kouba link tht lowers the bike 7/8" what is the length of the link center to center of the bolt holes? Just curious!

Rollie, thank you very much for that info on the linkage lengths vs. lowering amount. I have installed the Soupys adjustable links and lowered the rear suspension 'some amount'! Kinda difficult to actually measure how much the bike has been lowered. I have set the adjustable link to a length of 6 3/4 ". Therefore I was trying to find out what length the fixed length dog bones were when the Mfg. advertises a drop of 1". Just a note, I have also raised the front forks 1" to keep the over all suspension geometry about the same.

Nick

What I was looking for is the hole to hole measurement of a lowering link such as the Kouba links. On my 05' FJR the factory links have a center to center hole spacing of 6.25". For a Kouba link tht lowers the bike 7/8" what is the length of the link center to center of the bolt holes? Just curious!
I have the same question as the OP, EXCEPT as it pertains to a GENII (2007 FJR1300A). I'm considering Kouba links as well as Soupy's adjustable links. I can't find any specification on the center to center hole spacing on the Kouba links.

Can one of you out there that has Kouba links on a GEN II please tell me the hole spacing? If I get the Soupy's adjustable links I'd like to set the length somewhat shorter the the Kouba links as I want to lower the seat height only between 5/8 and 3/4 inch, not the 7/8 that the Kouba links achieve.

Thanks