FJR Mileage Milestones

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Guys&Gals

Well when I sold mine last year an 04 bought sept just before 2nd rally in Santa Rosa Ca I put just shy of 100,000 miles, 99,678 miles how come scooter the madmike2 is't on the list. Well I'm still trucking with my son brand new International Lonestar 2010 and its got just over 100,000 miles on it. :blink: see you on the road some time.

rogerfjrfaster :yahoo:

bump
111111miles.jpg

OK Then..

2005 FJR ABS

140,000 kms --> 87,000 miles

Its all documented: as in service history, oil changes, tires and even every tank of gas.

- Colin

Last edited by a moderator:
This sure is a humbling thread to read. I'm at 55k on my '06. I'm with Fjryder - we need more weekends during the week.

Also would be nice if it didn't snow in late May...

2003 FJR purchased from Woods in Austin. Currently just turned over 142,000 miles on original motor. Bike has never had any thing wrong with it to speak of. During the really cold weather last winter the rear shock froze up and piddled out all its oil on the way home. finally tracked down a shock out of Irving dealer for a mere $ 640.00 or somewhere near that price and replaced it myself in my garage. I change the oil every 10,000 miles with Mobile 1 racing oil whether or not it needs it. Motor does not burn any oil or leak any. On weekends I ride it on Saturday with friends and it still keeps up with everyone with no smoke out of the pipes. I plan on riding it till it won't go no mo. I ride it to and from work from Cedar Park to Creedmore daily rain or shine. That is almost 100 miles per day. Weekends about 200 miles on Saturday morning it close to average.

Sorry boys, I have been remiss. List updated.

A few of you are getting close to the 150k milestone............get to riding! That milestone needs a some more FJRs!

Chris Mitchell - dang boy, member for 3.5 years and 2 posts? Shy mo-fo, ain't ya? :) $640 for an OEM shock? Ouch. You should have bought an aftermarket for nearly the same $$$$, or bought an old leftover used one off the forum for a 1/4 of that. We can save you money! (Or cost you tons more on farkles 'you absolutely need'!)

Thanks for posting up Chris, make sure you make post #3 when you hit 150k!

OK Skoot.

2005 crash bike ( no longer with us ) 90K and change

2004 ( current bike ) 69K

Meh, but thats what I got. Please add to the list. Thanks.

GZ

PS:total combined "butt miles" on Fjr's ( borrowed bikes, etc ) 189K

This sure is a humbling thread to read. I'm at 55k on my '06. I'm with Fjryder - we need more weekends during the week.
Also would be nice if it didn't snow in late May...

lol - you sound like my dad. He was into boating and his idea of a long weekend with the family on the boat was to leave on Wednesday and come back on Tuesday.

I just turned 28K on my '08. It will be 2 years old next month.

Just rolled 40,000 on my 2008.

(edit) Took a trip to the Wild West.

New Mileage is 48,560 on my 2008.

Mike

With absolute humility, I offer up my numbers:

Owned since Mar 2009 (15 months)

Odo Mileage: 14,598 mi - 13.1 mi/day :unsure:

Ground track distance: 14,221 mi

Fuel: 377 gal - 39.3 mpg

Average fuel cost: $2.915/gal - $1,099 total, $2.34/day, 7.4 cents/mi

Total service costs & expenses: $3,182 total - $4.44/day, 14.3 cents/mi

Total operating cost: $6.78/day, 21.7 cents/mi (insurance NOT included)

Brought to you by Darren Stones' Road Trip iPhone App. :thumbsupsmiley:

Cheers,

W2

Ride to work like 120 miles round trip. 34K on my 07. Glad to see such good luck you guys are having. I still have so long to pay her off. Maybe when she is paid off I'll still be riding her. ;-)

04 Honda VFR800FI 26694

06 FJR 65034

04 Jeep Liberty 91631

Not a lot in the larger scheme of things, but the combined milage on the bikes is more than the cage, and I feel good about that. :)